Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident to Permanent Residence

Quote Originally Posted by NZ029 View Post
    Called INZ to know that the CO was assigned on 4th Aug and my application has been transferred to Aipa Branch in Samoa. Strange!
    Given that someone seems to have lit a fire under the Manukau branch, given that they seem to be (finally!) getting into gear with Skilled Migrant Category applications, I wonder if they haven't shifted the Permanent Resident Visa processing off to Aipa to create extra capacity at Manukau for SMC? It's the one explanation I can think of that makes sense.

Down the years, it's been standard practice for INZ to shift cases from one of their branches to another if one of the branches had spare capacity. It's nothing to worry about - the processing is done in accordance with the same criteria.

In fact, the resident visa application was submitted while working in country A where the PR visa was not successful, but had a work visa in country A. And in the NZ RV application, the PCC was included from that country A as well. So INZ has records of it. Anyways, as mentioned in the Ops manual it is upto the CO regarding police clearance.
    Thanks for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Answered in the other thread.

One of the criteria for qualifying for a Permanent Resident Visa, as a Resident Visa holder, is that you continue to meet character requirements for residence, as laid out in A5. See RV2.5, particularly RV2.5(e).

After going through A5 myself, I can see no circumstances where the denial of a foreign visa application would directly to ineligibility for a New Zealand residence class visa, but it's entirely possible that such denial by the foreign country was due to a character issue that, in New Zealand, makes one require a character waiver (A5.25) or makes one ineligible for a visa entirely unless granted special direction (A5.20). It would therefore be reasonable to expect INZ to scrutinize such applications more closely, to ensure that the denial of a foreign visa was not due to a character concern.
    Last edited by farfaraway; 6th September 2020 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks JandM

Finally, i have got it today....after an unusually long wait.
    My timeline is as below:
    08 July 2020 - Application Posted
    09 July 2020 - Application Delivered
    13 July 2020 - Money Deducted
    15 July 2020 - Application Received Email
    20 August 2020 - Received my Passport
    10 September 2020 - Received an email with PR Visa attached to it. The date on the PR visa was of 19th August though.

Thanks everyone.

Here's my timeline for those who are giddy about their applications (my application includes spouse and a son):-

Jun 27: Application posted
    Jul 08: Application acknowledgement email received
    Jul 22: Passports sent back
    Sep 16: PR Visas received via email

Hi Guys
    Got my PR on Thursday
    Timeline as follows
    Application sent 25/08
    Money deducted 02/09
    Approval email received 17/09
    Thanks and good luck everyone 🙏😇

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast