I became eligible for PR on 06 November 2020. HereÂ’s my Timeline:

Application posted: 27 Oct 2020
    Application received: 28 Oct 2020
    Money deducted: 30 Oct 2020
    INZ Email confirmation: 31 Oct 2020
    Permanent Resident eVisa received via email:
    11 Nov 2020
    Passport posted back to me on the same day
    (Got another email from INZ with the tracking number via NZ Couriers)

Total processing time: 14 calendar days

Please note I originally applied for a ‘Variation of Travel Conditions’ (as per JandM and Kerelei’s advice) as travelling outside NZ next month and also attached a Covering Letter politely explaining that if they were assessing my application on or after 06 November, to process as PR.

Hope this info helps. Cheers!

Congrats bro, yours was single application or with family ?

Quote Originally Posted by STV View Post
    Congrats bro, yours was single application or with family ?
    Thanks STV. Single application.
    Probably unrelated, but might save you the hassle of wondering where your application is at. One thing I learned was that if you check your application status via your Immigration online account and your current application has ‘disappeared’ and only shows your previous visa applications but no longer your latest PR one. It means it’s in its final stages and about to be released to you as explained by one of the INZ contact centre agents.

Quote Originally Posted by jsb88 View Post
    Probably unrelated, but might save you the hassle of wondering where your application is at. One thing I learned was that if you check your application status via your Immigration online account and your current application has ‘disappeared’ and only shows your previous visa applications but no longer your latest PR one. It means it’s in its final stages and about to be released to you as explained by one of the INZ contact centre agents.
    Thanks Bro , safe journey

Default How many days to be on Residence Visa?

Quote Originally Posted by jsb88 View Post
    Hi, just looked at INZ website it says to complete 184 days each in 2 years to apply for Permanent residence? Just confirming if that is how it works. I have completed more days than 184. Can I apply now or do I have to wait for 2 years to complete?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamming88 View Post
    Hi, just looked at INZ website it says to complete 184 days each in 2 years to apply for Permanent residence? Just confirming if that is how to works. I have completed more days than 184.
    It's a minimum of 184 days in each of the two one-year periods (and not exactly 184 days, as you believe it to be!). Obviously, if you exceed that minimum requirement, that's not going to be a problem in itself. If you don't meet that minimum requirement though, you'll need to find another way to demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand, or wait until you have spent enough time in New Zealand to be able to demonstrate your commitment by means of significant time spent in New Zealand.

For reference, the wording in the relevant immigration instruction (RV2.5.1) is "A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding the date their application for a permanent resident visa was made (ie, in each of the two 12-month portions, a period or periods that amount to 184 days or more)."

Quote Originally Posted by STV View Post
    Here is my timeline

27/10/2020 Application sent
    28/10/2020 Application received
    02/11/2020 Account debited
    03/11/2020 Application confirmation email received

Waiting starts here , fingers crossed
    13/11/2020 eVisa received

Waiting for my passport back

Good news.

Just adding my PR timeline
    11/14/20 - Mailed out application
    11/20/20 - Application received / Money deducted
    11/25/20 - PR approved

Very surprised with how quick it was.

Hi,

We will be eligible for PR on Feb 12 ( as our residency will be 2 years at that time ) , can we file ahead around 2 weeks or 1 week ahead ,We plan to file it on the 1st day of Feb , I know someone here did that @jsb88 ... can you please advised ?

jsb88 applied for a Variation of Conditions before being eligible for PR because of needing to travel urgently, and as he says in his posts above, he put in a covering letter explaining the circumstances. INZ started processing that VOC application, then realized he was now past the date of eligibility for PR, so kindly did that instead.

You can't apply early for PR, because one of the requirements is to have held a residence visa for two years. INZ aren't allowed to presume things *will* happen - they have to *have* happened.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast