Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident to Permanent Residence

I'll be joining this queue myself shortly: all eligibility criteria will be met towards the end of next week, and I'll be popping down to DHL in person next weekend to send off the paperwork. Will update the forum when a decision is made on the application.

(Just so long as it's before Christmas -- provided that the bubble doesn't burst, I have a trip planned to catch up with my cousins on the other side of the ditch!)

Fingers crossed for some efficiency for you! ++++++

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    I'll be joining this queue myself shortly: all eligibility criteria will be met towards the end of next week, and I'll be popping down to DHL in person next weekend to send off the paperwork. Will update the forum when a decision is made on the application.

(Just so long as it's before Christmas -- provided that the bubble doesn't burst, I have a trip planned to catch up with my cousins on the other side of the ditch!)
    Although citizenship isn't a requirement for visiting Australia...

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    Although citizenship isn't a requirement for visiting Australia...
    Yes, but having something with valid travel conditions is, when one decides to escape the Aussies...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Yes, but having something with valid travel conditions is, when one decides to escape the Aussies...

Hello! Haven't been here for a while. Hope everyone is well!

I'll be coming up to being eligible for my PR visa in a few weeks. My travel conditions expire end of May. I'm on Maternity leave at the moment and have no plans to leave the country this year. I could do without spending $210 on a visa at the moment. Can I just put it off for 6 months until I return to earning a wage again? Thanks heaps!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicPizza View Post
    I'll be coming up to being eligible for my PR visa in a few weeks. My travel conditions expire end of May. I'm on Maternity leave at the moment and have no plans to leave the country this year. I could do without spending $210 on a visa at the moment. Can I just put it off for 6 months until I return to earning a wage again? Thanks heaps!
    It's entirely possible: your Resident Visa entitles you to stay in New Zealand indefinitely (RA1.1), and therefore does not expire while you remain in New Zealand.

The usual advice from INZ is to consider whether or not you will have to travel out of the country urgently and at short notice.

I'm getting mine done simply so that I don't have to worry about travel conditions expiring when I do leave the country (i.e. my trip across the ditch in December).

Hi everyone,

I've just applied for PR and wanted to share my timeline for anyone applying soon.

Application posted: 04 May 2021
    Application received: 05 May 2021
    Money deducted: 10 May 2021
    INZ Email confirmation: 11 May 2021

Now the waiting game

Update from my pervious post:

Application posted: 04 May 2021
    Application received: 05 May 2021
    Money deducted: 10 May 2021
    INZ Email confirmation: 11 May 2021
    PR Approved: 18 May 2021

Congratulations!