Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident to Permanent Residence

Hi Guys,
    Just to confirm this again. I will ONLY need meet one of the requirements right? Because as the website stated "at least" one of them?
    "There are five ways you can show us your commitment to living in New Zealand permanently. We need to see evidence of at least one of them"

1. You have spent enough time in New Zealand
    You have spent 184 days or more in New Zealand as a resident in each of the two 12 month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding your application for permanent residence.

As long as I lived 184 days in each years then I should be ok? regardless if I quit my job or moved to auckland?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ecilassim View Post
    As long as I lived 184 days in each years then I should be ok?
    Proving a commitment to New Zealand by means of time spent in New Zealand is only one criteria to be granted a Permanent Resident Visa. It is not the only criteria. Per previous posts in this thread, see RV2.5.

Another criteria is that you meet any conditions imposed on your Resident Visa under Section 49(1) or Section 50 of the Immigration Act (RV2.5(d)), so regarding this...

Quote Originally Posted by ecilassim View Post
    regardless if I quit my job or moved to auckland?
    If this results in you not having yet met any Section 49(1) conditions at the time of your application, you cannot be granted a Permanent Resident Visa (you may, however, be granted a variation of travel conditions instead under RV3), and moreover, should you eventually not meet or outright breach your Section 49(1) conditions, INZ must make you liable for deportation under Section 159. (Of course, if you have already met your Section 49(1) conditions, or never had any in the first place, none of this is of any concern to you.)

Hi everyone,

Is the police certificate from the home country necessary for resident to Permanent resident visa application? or its just about proving living 184 days each year for 2 years preceeding the applicaiton? ( as long as there are no conditions in resident visa)

Quote Originally Posted by cricfor View Post
    Hi everyone,

Is the police certificate from the home country necessary for resident to Permanent resident visa application? or its just about proving living 184 days each year for 2 years preceeding the applicaiton? ( as long as there are no conditions in resident visa)
    You must continue to meet character requirements for residence in order to be granted a Permanent Resident Visa (RV2.5(e)).

An applicant for a Permanent Resident Visa under RV2 is not normally required to submit a police or similar certificate, unless specifically asked to by an Immigration Officer (A5.5(b)). In most cases, INZ needs only check your character in New Zealand, and for this they liaise with the Ministry of Justice directly.

If you do not meet the character requirement to be granted a Permanent Resident Visa, you may instead be granted a variation of travel conditions under RV3: there are no character requirements involved there.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 14th June 2021 at 12:42 PM.

We got out PR visas a couple weeks ago. It took about 2 weeks to come back to us in the mail, after mailing them to Manukau (based in auckland).

Process was painless, which was a nice experience after going through the SMC process! Though overall the process to immigrate here was not too bad, when one considers the privilege of living here.

Glad to be finished, and very grateful to be allowed to come and live for good in this wonderful country.

Timeline:

Paper Application with Passport sent Friday 11th June 2021
    Money Deducted and email received: Friday 18th June 2021

I just received an email saying I have a parcel from immigration NZ coming my way today Monday 21st June, that seems so quick I'm hoping everything was alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah1809 View Post
    I just received an email saying I have a parcel from immigration NZ coming my way today Monday 21st June, that seems so quick I'm hoping everything was alright?
    That's your passport being returned to you. Doesn't mean anything with regards to the outcome of your application.

Oh good, that's a relief!

Hi guys,

Should we be sending our original passport for Resident to Permanent resident visa application or just the JOP attested passport copy should be enough?
    and to prove 184 days in each of 2 year period - Is there anything like IRD statements or payslips that we need to submit or INZ will check these themselves.

Is there anything other than the filled application form should we send?

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast