Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident to Permanent Residence

Quote Originally Posted by STV View Post
    where to send the PR application (courier address) ?
    Use the office and fees finder to find this -- it depends on where you are applying from.

I have only travel condition no section 49 condition , so should i tick the question E2 not applicable ?
    If Section 49(1) conditions were indeed not applied, well then...

A single application includes husband, wife and kids fees 210 NZD or each members ?
    This is dependent on your family circumstances. You need to look at two separate sections in the operational manual:

• R2.1, which specifies when you may (or may not) include a partner and/or dependent children on any residence class visa application, including an application for a Permanent Resident Visa; and
    • RV1.20, which specifies whether the eligibility of a partner and/or dependent children for a Permanent Resident Visa is merely dependent on your own, or if they will instead need to meet the eligibility criteria in their own right.

An example is given in RV1.20 of a dependent child who was included in the original residence application, but no longer meets the definition of a dependent child due to reaching the age of 25 before the application for a Permanent Resident Visa is made (R2.1.30). This former dependent child would need to submit his/her own application for a Permanent Resident Visa, but the assessment will still be made as a non-principal applicant as the child was a non-principal applicant in the original Resident Visa application (RV1.20.5(a)).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Use the office and fees finder to find this -- it depends on where you are applying from.

If Section 49(1) conditions were indeed not applied, well then...

This is dependent on your family circumstances. You need to look at two separate sections in the operational manual:

• R2.1, which specifies when you may (or may not) include a partner and/or dependent children on any residence class visa application, including an application for a Permanent Resident Visa; and
    • RV1.20, which specifies whether the eligibility of a partner and/or dependent children for a Permanent Resident Visa is merely dependent on your own, or if they will instead need to meet the eligibility criteria in their own right.

An example is given in RV1.20 of a dependent child who was included in the original residence application, but no longer meets the definition of a dependent child due to reaching the age of 25 before the application for a Permanent Resident Visa is made (R2.1.30). This former dependent child would need to submit his/her own application for a Permanent Resident Visa, but the assessment will still be made as a non-principal applicant as the child was a non-principal applicant in the original Resident Visa application (RV1.20.5(a)).
    Thanks Kelerei

Hi All,

Hope you are doing fine. I don't mean to hijack the thread. i just want to check if the Application number for PR visa application reflects in your accounts in Immigration Online website? It's been over a month since our application but the number is not reflected on the website so I can't check for the status. I then called Immigration NZ today and was told that it was already passed to 2pc so it's probably not going to take very long now. I did check why the application number is not shown online though. I was told that its really like that for PR application and everybody else's case is the same. Is that true?

Anyway, good luck to all who are also waiting for their results.

Stay safe!

Regards,
    fatsomiggi

Hi Team - This is a very simple and silly question. But I just wanted to make sure that we are reading the INZ website/criteria correctly.

After gaining residency, the principal applicant MUST hold their residency visa for 24 months before we can apply for PR?

There is no way to apply earlier (e.g if they have been a tax paying resident for the past 5 years?)

Quote Originally Posted by Acire View Post
    After gaining residency, the principal applicant MUST hold their residency visa for 24 months before we can apply for PR?
    Short answer: yes.

Long answer: most Resident Visa holders applying for a Permanent Resident Visa will be assessed under RV2.5, and the criteria to be granted a Permanent Resident Visa under these instructions are as follows:

1. the principal applicant either
      1. holds a Resident Visa, and has held that Resident Visa continuously for at least 24 months at the time of application; or
      2. has held a Resident Visa in the three months before the application is made, and has held that Resident Visa continuously for at least 24 months before it expired (provided RV1.25 does not apply); and
    2. the principal applicant's first day in New Zealand as a resident (R5.66.5(b)) was at least 24 months before the application is made; and
    3. the principal applicant can demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand in one of five ways (RV2.5.1 to RV2.5.20); and
    4. the principal applicant has met any conditions imposed on their Resident Visa under Section 49(1) or Section 50 of the Immigration Act; and
    5. the principal applicant meets character requirements for residence (A5).

Principal applicants who have been granted residence under the Migrant Investor or Parent Retirement categories are not assessed under RV2.5 and are assessed under RV2.10 instead -- which is very similar to RV2.5, with the only appreciable difference being that their commitment to New Zealand can be demonstrated only by meeting their Section 49(1) conditions (which always pertain to investment, and as such meeting those conditions effectively means that they have demonstrated their commitment to New Zealand by means of investment).

There are a few exceptions to the requirement that one hold a Resident Visa continuously for 24 months before applying for a Permanent Resident Visa (and RV2 will not be applied to such applicants):

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Short answer: yes.

Long answer: most Resident Visa holders applying for a Permanent Resident Visa will be assessed under RV2.5, and the criteria to be granted a Permanent Resident Visa under these instructions are as follows:

1. the principal applicant either
      1. holds a Resident Visa, and has held that Resident Visa continuously for at least 24 months at the time of application; or
      2. has held a Resident Visa in the three months before the application is made, and has held that Resident Visa continuously for at least 24 months before it expired (provided RV1.25 does not apply); and
    2. the principal applicant's first day in New Zealand as a resident (R5.66.5(b)) was at least 24 months before the application is made; and
    3. the principal applicant can demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand in one of five ways (RV2.5.1 to RV2.5.20); and
    4. the principal applicant has met any conditions imposed on their Resident Visa under Section 49(1) or Section 50 of the Immigration Act; and
    5. the principal applicant meets character requirements for residence (A5).

Principal applicants who have been granted residence under the Migrant Investor or Parent Retirement categories are not assessed under RV2.5 and are assessed under RV2.10 instead -- which is very similar to RV2.5, with the only appreciable difference being that their commitment to New Zealand can be demonstrated only by meeting their Section 49(1) conditions (which always pertain to investment, and as such meeting those conditions effectively means that they have demonstrated their commitment to New Zealand by means of investment).

There are a few exceptions to the requirement that one hold a Resident Visa continuously for 24 months before applying for a Permanent Resident Visa (and RV2 will not be applied to such applicants):
    Thanks for the prompt and details response Kelerei. Good to have the above clarified as I got a bit ahead of myself thinking there was a way to do it before 24 months. October 2022 here we come!

Hi All,

anybody can share the current time line for PRV ?

See post number 48 above on this thread - that's the most recent news.

Here is my timeline

27/10/2020 Application sent
    28/10/2020 Application received
    02/11/2020 Account debited
    03/11/2020 Application confirmation email received

Waiting starts here , fingers crossed

I became eligible for PR on 06 November 2020. Here’s my Timeline:

Application posted: 27 Oct 2020
    Application received: 28 Oct 2020
    Money deducted: 30 Oct 2020
    INZ Email confirmation: 31 Oct 2020
    Permanent Resident eVisa received via email:
    11 Nov 2020
    Passport posted back to me on the same day
    (Got another email from INZ with the tracking number via NZ Couriers)

Total processing time: 14 calendar days

Please note I originally applied for a ‘Variation of Travel Conditions’ (as per JandM and Kerelei’s advice) as travelling outside NZ next month and also attached a Covering Letter politely explaining that if they were assessing my application on or after 06 November, to process as PR.

Hope this info helps. Cheers!

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast