Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident to Permanent Residence

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    jsb88 applied for a Variation of Conditions before being eligible for PR because of needing to travel urgently, and as he says in his posts above, he put in a covering letter explaining the circumstances. INZ started processing that VOC application, then realized he was now past the date of eligibility for PR, so kindly did that instead.

You can't apply early for PR, because one of the requirements is to have held a residence visa for two years. INZ aren't allowed to presume things *will* happen - they have to *have* happened.

Ohh, Yeah I missed the last part of his post thanks

Thanks JandM , I have few questions -

1. I don't see any online option for PR , is there one or everything is in paper based ?
    2. My application includes my partner ( I'm the principal ) , do we need to still proved our partnership , like collating pictures , messages or bills with the same address ( like what we did on the Residency application ).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko_0101 View Post
    1. I don't see any online option for PR , is there one or everything is in paper based ?
    It's a paper based application. Fill out the INZ 1175 form (using the INZ 1176 guide to assist you if need be), and then use the office and fees finder to determine where to send your application and any applicable supporting evidence to and what the application fee will be.

Onshore applications will be sent to the Manukau branch and will set you back $210. Offshore applications will go to your nearest VAC, and the fee can differ quite a bit from VAC to VAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko_0101 View Post
    2. My application includes my partner ( I'm the principal ) , do we need to still proved our partnership , like collating pictures , messages or bills with the same address ( like what we did on the Residency application ).
    To be honest, I've never heard of this happening, particularly if it's the same partner.

There is one scenario where I believe this could happen, and that's if the partnership commenced after the grant of the original Resident Visas for both parties. The operational manual actually specifically mentions this as an example in RV1.20:

Sue and Mike were each granted a resident visa in their own right under the Skilled Migrant Category, becoming partners afterwards. Mike can be included in Sue’s permanent resident visa application as long as he provides evidence he meets the definition of a partner at R2.1, but they will be assessed for the grant of a permanent resident visa each in their own right as they were both principal applicants in their own original resident visa applications.

When it comes to partners, there's two sets of immigration instructions involved. RV2.1 (Who may be included in an application) is a generic instruction for all residence class visa applications (including an application for a Permanent Resident Visa), and it determines who you may include in your application. RV1.20 (Determining the eligibility of non-principal applicants) applies to applications for a Permanent Resident Visa, variation of travel conditions on an existing Resident Visa, or a second or subsequent Resident Visa; it determines whether a secondary applicant on the original Resident Visa application is eligible for one of these options based on the eligibility on the original primary applicant, or if the secondary applicant needs to be assessed in his/her own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    It's a paper based application. Fill out the INZ 1175 form (using the INZ 1176 guide to assist you if need be), and then use the office and fees finder to determine where to send your application and any applicable supporting evidence to and what the application fee will be.

Onshore applications will be sent to the Manukau branch and will set you back $210. Offshore applications will go to your nearest VAC, and the fee can differ quite a bit from VAC to VAC.

To be honest, I've never heard of this happening, particularly if it's the same partner.

There is one scenario where I believe this could happen, and that's if the partnership commenced after the grant of the original Resident Visas for both parties. The operational manual actually specifically mentions this as an example in RV1.20:

Sue and Mike were each granted a resident visa in their own right under the Skilled Migrant Category, becoming partners afterwards. Mike can be included in Sue’s permanent resident visa application as long as he provides evidence he meets the definition of a partner at R2.1, but they will be assessed for the grant of a permanent resident visa each in their own right as they were both principal applicants in their own original resident visa applications.

When it comes to partners, there's two sets of immigration instructions involved. RV2.1 (Who may be included in an application) is a generic instruction for all residence class visa applications (including an application for a Permanent Resident Visa), and it determines who you may include in your application. RV1.20 (Determining the eligibility of non-principal applicants) applies to applications for a Permanent Resident Visa, variation of travel conditions on an existing Resident Visa, or a second or subsequent Resident Visa; it determines whether a secondary applicant on the original Resident Visa application is eligible for one of these options based on the eligibility on the original primary applicant, or if the secondary applicant needs to be assessed in his/her own right.
    Thanks Keleri

Hi ,

I have few more question on PR , do we need to submit police clearance or certificate as a proved of character, in the immigration site you should meet the good character, but it was also stated that " If you need to provide a Police Certificate, we’ll let you know." So no need to provide initially unless they will ask you to provide one? . Thanks

Most people don't need to provide them at all. You're correct - you don't send any with the application.

It's also explicitly stated in the operational manual, under A5.5(b):

It is a mandatory requirement (see R2.40) for first time applicants for a residence class visa aged 17 or over to obtain a police or similar certificate from:
    1. the applicant's country of citizenship; and
    2. each country in which the applicant has lived for 12 months or more (whether on one visit or intermittently) in the last 10 years (but see A5.10.1).

Applicants for a further residence class visa under RV2 or RV4 will not usually need to submit a police or similar certificate, unless specifically asked to by an immigration officer. Applicants for a further residence class visa applying under any other category are required to submit a police or similar certificate as if they were applying for residence for the first time.

RV2 are the instructions for Resident Visa holders applying for a Permanent Resident Visa, so the exception mentioned in the final paragraph of A5.5(b) applies.

Hi guys,

I will submit my PR application at the end of January. I never had any convictions, only paid infringement for over speeding. How can I declare this in my INZ 1175 application form. Should I tick Yes or No on following character declarations:

• convicted of an offence (including a traffic offence), committed within the last five years,
    involving dangerous driving, including drunk driving (driving with a blood or breath alcohol
    content in excess of a specified limit) or driving having consumed drugs? Yes No

• charged with, convicted of or investigated for any offences committed (including traffic or
    driving offences) since being granted New Zealand residence, or while on a temporary visa
    or when unlawfully in New Zealand? Yes No

Regards
    Danny

No. For clarity and full honesty, you can add "paid infringements only". An offence is when someone is taken to court and convicted, which you haven't been, and if you're issued with an infringement notice and fined, you're not being investigated for anything further about that incident.

Thanks JandM.
    Appreciate your response.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast