Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident to Permanent Residence

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    Took less than a month for me in September (at least judging by the information request) approved for PR on a specific day but they only have communicated the result after a week.

Just under 1 month for a friend in October.

Both of us used meeting presence in NZ requirement to justify our application for PR.
    Sweet. Hopefully mine will be approved before the INZ shutdown period over the holiday period. ^^ Still no lodgement on my INZ account. :-)

Hi all,

Just some questions on processing times for Residency to PR (meeting PR requirements by presence in NZ, Residency thru partner of NZer).

The website currently says 50% of applications approved within 12 days and 90% within 27 days. It seems anecdotally that lots of folks have experienced a several month wait for PR on this forum. I'm trying to hedge bets around applying for PR vs. variation of travel conditions to go on a trip to Australia a month after I apply for PR. Anyone know why this discrepancy might exist - have processing times significantly improved in the last couple months?

I'd like to hold onto my passport, but considering sending it in to speed up the PR process. Anyone know if this has a significant impact on processing times? OR know how quickly one gets their passport back if they request to have it returned after being sighted. (for reference, I'm pretty sure I sent my passport in for residency, but can't remember).

Does it matter whether you courier it or send it to the Manukau address via post?

Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by eraul View Post
    Hi all,

Just some questions on processing times for Residency to PR (meeting PR requirements by presence in NZ, Residency thru partner of NZer).

The website currently says 50% of applications approved within 12 days and 90% within 27 days. It seems anecdotally that lots of folks have experienced a several month wait for PR on this forum. I'm trying to hedge bets around applying for PR vs. variation of travel conditions to go on a trip to Australia a month after I apply for PR. Anyone know why this discrepancy might exist - have processing times significantly improved in the last couple months?

I'd like to hold onto my passport, but considering sending it in to speed up the PR process. Anyone know if this has a significant impact on processing times? OR know how quickly one gets their passport back if they request to have it returned after being sighted. (for reference, I'm pretty sure I sent my passport in for residency, but can't remember).

Does it matter whether you courier it or send it to the Manukau address via post?

Cheers all.
    Hi
    I applied for variation of travel conditions. On that same form there is a tick box which says INZ can process application for PR instead of travel conditions. I ticked this and also sent along a cover letter saying when I am travelling (end February) and that I was applying for travel conditions instead of PR as processing time was quicker. Inz processed my application as PR and it was approved in about a month (applied 17 Nov, received emailed PR visa 28 Dec). I sent copy of passport, not original.

Hi all

Please excuse a potentially silly question but struggling to find an answer anywhere and potentially over thinking things.

I was granted a residency visa on the 04/02/2021 and as my two years are close to finishing I am in the process of applying for my permanent residency visa.

I am applying for this using the option "remain in New Zealand for at least 184 days in each of the two years immediately prior to making the PRV application."

My question is I have remained in nz 184 days the first year and 184 days the second year. However, I have just returned from a 6 week trip in Ireland to see family (those 6 weeks were the only time I left NZ in the 2 years). Though this means I have met the criteria, I am wondering if it will impact my application as the statement says "immediately prior to making your application " and I have just returned.

Also, did you all post your passport? I'm a bit nervous of this but of course understand that I may need to .

Again, I am sorry if this is a silly question!

Thanks so much guys

Quote Originally Posted by FH28 View Post
    My question is I have remained in nz 184 days the first year and 184 days the second year. However, I have just returned from a 6 week trip in Ireland to see family (those 6 weeks were the only time I left NZ in the 2 years). Though this means I have met the criteria, I am wondering if it will impact my application as the statement says "immediately prior to making your application " and I have just returned.

Also, did you all post your passport? I'm a bit nervous of this but of course understand that I may need to .
    Hi, I had the same question as I also just applied after coming back from a holiday abroad.

It's stated a bit more clearly in RV2.5.1 in the Op Manual, "A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding the date their application for a permanent resident visa was made (ie, in each of the two 12-month portions, a period or periods that amount to 184 days or more)."

From my understanding, the "immediately prior to making your application" is referring to the 2 year span, not that you need to be in NZ for 184 days immediately prior to your application.

Also, I did submit my passport and posted it tracked for some peace of mind! But lots of people on this forum have sent in certified copies without issues.

Hope this helps!

So helpful, really appreciate it.
    Good luck with your application ����

Hello, I had dropped documents for resident visa at manukau last week, it's been over a week and payment has not been deducted so trying to figure out how long do they take to take payment.. we have kept original passport so just want to ensure they have received application...

Hi there, I need some guidance in completing my application. I get really confused with the PR application form questions under Sections E, F & G? My applicationr is pretty straightforward but I dont know which one to tick with questions E1, E2, E3 and do I need to answer Sections F and G?

I anyone can help me here. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_patel View Post
    Hello, I had dropped documents for resident visa at manukau last week, it's been over a week and payment has not been deducted so trying to figure out how long do they take to take payment.. we have kept original passport so just want to ensure they have received application...
    It depends on how many applications have come into INZ at any given point. Yours will be dealt with in time.

Quote Originally Posted by lol04 View Post
    Hi there, I need some guidance in completing my application. I get really confused with the PR application form questions under Sections E, F & G? My applicationr is pretty straightforward but I dont know which one to tick with questions E1, E2, E3 and do I need to answer Sections F and G?

I anyone can help me here. Thank you
    The first page of the INZ 1175 form tells you what sections of the form you must fill in based on what you are applying for.

This forum cannot legally tell you how to complete Section E (if indeed Section E is relevant to your application). You may find the answers you seek by reading the INZ 1176 guide. If not, you should seek professional immigration advice.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast