Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Timeline for exception being decided?

Then possibly the problem is with meeting the criteria for being considered a partner, as at E4.1.20 a. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46501.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Garden365365 View Post

As per immigration instructions H5.25.20, a person will be considered to be the partner of a New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident visa holder, or resident visa holder, or Australian citizen or permanent resident who is ordinarily resident in New Zealand, if they meet the requirements for partners specified in E4.1. One of the following requirements must also be met:
    i. Be travelling with that New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder; or
    ii. Be ordinarily resident in New Zealand; or
    iii. Have a visa based on your relationship to the New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder.

I agree with JandM. Since you clearly meet requirement "i" in the second half of the criteria, INZ's issue seems to be with you meeting, or showing proof of meeting, their criteria for a partner under section E4.1.20 a of the OPS manual.

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for the reply.

Could be the reason, however, I have all the documents to prove that I am legally married to my partner. I resigned from the job and came back to India just to meet the criteria and now I am stuck. This has been really frustrating, not sure what my next move should be. My immigration advisor also said that I qualify for the exception and should be allowed exception. I guess I should write more detailed synopsis in the section 'Describe your circumstances and your reason for travelling to New Zealand:*'

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Hi Guys,

Happy to share a good news ! YAY !

After several attempts, our border exception is successful and we have been invited to apply for the critical purpose visitor visa.

However, there aren't any flights from India to New Zealand currently, so not sure when should we submit the visa request. As I guess it will be a single entry visa with the entry date mentioned. Will there be any extension of this visa in case the flights are at a later point.

All the best to everyone who are in the waiting boat. And many many thanks to @JandM, @Kelerie, and everyone's contribution in supporting each other.

Regards

Congratulations mate

Hey mate
    Congratulations again and
    Could u plz explain me
    Have u applied again after rejection for border exception or did u describe ur circumstances to get approval?
    I am in the same boat applied for my partner visa on 28th of January and still waiting
    Not any update !
    Thinking to applying a border exception!
    Can u plz suggest what should I do
    I am permanent resident and currently working in Newzealand!
    Thanks

However, there aren't any flights from India to New Zealand currently, so not sure when should we submit the visa request. As I guess it will be a single entry visa with the entry date mentioned. Will there be any extension of this visa in case the flights are at a later point.
    You are among A VERY FEW people to have got this exception granted, so there isn't necessarily anyone who will read this who can share their experience. In your place, I would ask these questions of INZ. I see more information here. https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/countrie...ew-zealanders/

Thanks Taran.

Yes, we submitted the request 3 times to of which one was refusal, one wasn't considered and the last one was successful. We had 3 appointments with our advisor and each time he asked us series of questions. As we have been facing some really challenging medical situation since last 16 - 17 months, and with Covid 19 it deteriorated further. And that is what the advisor said. I suggest you to reach out to a good advisor who can guide you as per the unique situation you are facing. Senior members on this forum like JandM and Kelerie can also advise you in a better manner than me. All the best mate.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Taran View Post
    Hey mate
    Congratulations again and
    Could u plz explain me
    Have u applied again after rejection for border exception or did u describe ur circumstances to get approval?
    I am in the same boat applied for my partner visa on 28th of January and still waiting
    Not any update !
    Thinking to applying a border exception!
    Can u plz suggest what should I do
    I am permanent resident and currently working in Newzealand!
    Thanks

Congratulations! For what it's worth mine gave me six months from date of being granted (granted August 2020, first entry permitted until February 2021). So I think it would depend on whether you think you'd be able to travel within 6 months.

Hi RedSkyAtNight,

Thanks for the information. Wish you all the best.

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyAtNight View Post
    Congratulations! For what it's worth mine gave me six months from date of being granted (granted August 2020, first entry permitted until February 2021). So I think it would depend on whether you think you'd be able to travel within 6 months.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast