Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can SMC team at INZ Work From Home?

Quote Originally Posted by robbo1234 View Post
    I got this response from INZ today:

Our staff will continue to work on applications from home, subject to limitations of working remotely without access to physical files.

So means now SMC
    That's a very confusing reply. So this means no, not at all because all SMC applications are physically in the office.. ?

It's not a CO's choice to be at home during lockdown. It's not INZ's choice to close offices. That's the NZ government's law, for the pandemic situation. And however much we'd like somebody to blame, the pandemic is nobody's fault.

It's not INZ managers' or COs' decision to move slowly on certain types of visa. That's down to the politicians hanging back from making clear decisions about quotas, and about policy - hanging back because they don't want to annoy NZ voters when there's an election coming up, and they, the politicians, want to be back in power afterwards.

Just pray, this damn corona thing vanishes soon and get back on road. So far indications are not that bad, there is a strong possibility of reverting to level 2 on Friday. It would mean every one would be able to join office and yes, govt might introduce some safety measures like compulsory wearing of masks and maintaing social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Shahzad View Post
    Just pray, this damn corona thing vanishes soon and get back on road. So far indications are not that bad, there is a strong possibility of reverting to level 2 on Friday. It would mean every one would be able to join office and yes, govt might introduce some safety measures like compulsory wearing of masks and maintaing social distancing.
    Where do you get the strong possibility from? Looks and sounds a lot more that Auckland will stay in at least Level 3 (if they can link all new cases to those new ones) for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    Where do you get the strong possibility from? Looks and sounds a lot more that Auckland will stay in at least Level 3 (if they can link all new cases to those new ones) for a while longer.
    I stand corrected, owing to latest developments, I do agree that Auckland would probably be staying at level 3 for atleast couple of weeks.

I do believe some of the SMC team are working from home currently as well as in office.

Level 3 in Auckland has been extended by 12 more days to 23:59 on 26/8.

I have received the following from a INZ technical advisor:

Due to the change in COVID-19 response levels for Auckland, standard allocation times for skilled residence applications are likely to be delayed given that all skilled residence teams are within the Auckland area and skilled residence applications are paper based. We are working to reduce the impact of the COVID-19 response levels to our processing, but any further announcements or changes to our processes will have an effect on how quickly we can assess and allocate applications. I can confirm that, where able to, our officers are continuing to process residence applications from our Auckland offices.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    I have received the following from a INZ technical advisor:

Due to the change in COVID-19 response levels for Auckland, standard allocation times for skilled residence applications are likely to be delayed given that all skilled residence teams are within the Auckland area and skilled residence applications are paper based. We are working to reduce the impact of the COVID-19 response levels to our processing, but any further announcements or changes to our processes will have an effect on how quickly we can assess and allocate applications. I can confirm that, where able to, our officers are continuing to process residence applications from our Auckland offices.
    Thank you for sharing it. It’s so encouraging to see them working

It’s really great to hear that they are still working in such a circumstances, which should help to tackle the backlog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast