Thread: Partnership Work Visa Timeline

Default Partnership Work Visa Timeline

Good afternoon everyone.
    I just want to share my timeline regarding PWV and get an idea about others experiences and waiting times.

PWV applied online-14/8/20(onshore)
    Supporting Partner- My Wife ( NZ citizen)

I'll add my timeline:

Original PWV:
    20/9/18 - Applied onshore and online
    1/11/18 - Approved for 2 years

I then applied for a 2nd PWV after I applied for a Partner Resident Visa in August 2020 since I don't expect the Resident Visa to be processed before original PWV expires in October 2020:
    29/8/20 - Applied online
    3/9/20 - Approved for a further 1 year (until October 2021)

That's an approval in less than 4 working days!

My current timeline:

WV 8/8/21 applied onshore (online)
    RV 24/9/21 applied for partnership residency onshore (online)
    WV 30/9/21 work visa CO assigned in the morning and a few hrs later contacted me saying his innitial assessment is done and he sent it for quality check

If he made his decision/recommendation that quickly that's a good sign I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by veelove View Post
    My current timeline:

WV 8/8/21 applied onshore (online)
    RV 24/9/21 applied for partnership residency onshore (online)
    WV 30/9/21 work visa CO assigned in the morning and a few hrs later contacted me saying his innitial assessment is done and he sent it for quality check

If he made his decision/recommendation that quickly that's a good sign I'm guessing?
    Hey, have you managed to get an update? I have applied before you on August 4th and haven't heard since then!

Not sure since when the partner work visa takes this long! I'm anxious now as there's less than 2 months for the interim visa to expire.

Has anyone managed to reach the INZ contact Centre? I've been trying for weeks and one day I left the call running for 4 hours and no one picked up. Strange.
    Last edited by hazz; 13th December 2021 at 09:34 AM.

Hi there, I withdrew my PWV application because the backlog was quite bad then and residency was a better choice so we just went through with that. Like I said it took almost 2 months to be assigned a CO (and then I withdrew but the decision would have been ready in about a week as we had heaps of documents). It's been taking this long ever since the lockdown in August, and residency was way way faster. Did you apply online or on paper?
    current processing times: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application
    My residency was processed in a month and a half (application to visa received), and would have been faster but I had to mail in my passport and that took some time too.

Thanks for the great insights! We applied online (onshore) a few days before yours and haven't heard anything since then.

I don't think we can withdraw the application as my partner is on interim visa because the previous PWV has expired.

I'll definitely start on the residency application ASAP and see how we go.