Thread: Any questions about job searching in NZ

Default Any questions about job searching in NZ

I am back!

My name is Owen Xu.

3 years ago I immigrated from the US to NZ with approved Residence visa, and shared my whole process in the forum. I received lots of help in this forum during that tough time. After I got here, I got a job within 2 months as an engineering consultant, then I changed my career from engineering to data analysis by attending University, and now I am working for a top government agency as an analyst.

I have quite experience in finding jobs, passing interviews here in NZ and I would like to help people who move from other countries to NZ.

You can leave questions here in my post, or send private message to me.

Cheers

Owen

Hi, I have applied resident visa under SMC and waiting to get the application assigned to a CO. I'm outside NZ and seeking for a job offer from NZ.

Pepsi. I notice that Owen last visited this forum in Aug 2020 so may not see the post you placed. As he suggested you could PM him but that is
    not a guarantee he will get notified of it but worth a try.

Thanks Dave, I will try

Hi Owen, I applied for SMC resident visa and got the ITA for SMC job search visa. I'm working on applying for the same.

I got 9yr and 11month experience as an ICT QA Engineer and then 5+years of experience as a organization &Method Analyst, both experiences are outside NZ.

Now I'm searching for a skilled job as I have to convert my job search visa to resident visa. Planning to come to NZ in end May.

Please help me to find a skilled job.

Repeating what Dave said above, Owen has not visited the forum since August 2020. If he's not looking back on the forum routinely any longer, he won't see what you write on this thread. If you send him a PM, IF he's got an alert set to send him an email for a PM, you may get through to him that way, but it's by no means certain.

Oh yea, Suddenly it was marked unread in the thread, I missed it, thx 👍