Thread: Apply for PR based on Buyer role

Default Apply for PR based on Buyer role

Hi Everyone

I applied for my Essential Skills Visa on 3rd of July as a Department Buyer at $22 per hour from New World Store. It got finally approved for 3 years as mid skilled on 19th of August CO came back to me saying she is not satisfied that I would be doing all the Buyer job duties listed on ANZSCO. I explained every job duty listen on ANZSCO buyer role explaining how I would be doing them. She did not asked anything else and was satisfied.

My employer is happy to support me for Residency although I want to get the role of Store Buyer and not just department buyer before i file in for SMC. I wanted to ask that considering its a Franchise Store ( under foodstuffs), and i know Immigration would go into all the details when i file in my residency, is there still chances that people do get approvals even if it is under a Franchise? I personally believe i can explain every point in brief whether they want to do that in person or on a call or come into store. I have worked under the same franchise for 5 years now so I do know more than a bit of how we do the purchasing and how much brain and effort we put into it before we put our orders through.

Has anyone else had got approval from a retail franchise store for SMC? or if someone can share their experience.
    Thank You

This is something you may want to chat to a LIA over, if no-one on this forum has any experiences that they can share with you. (I don't have any personal experience with retail applicants, sorry).

However, just a point of order (because I was initially confused by your thread title): you'll be applying for a Resident Visa, not a Permanent Resident Visa. To get a Permanent Resident Visa, one generally needs to have held a Resident Visa for two years (so, you need to be successful in your SMC application!) and show a commitment to New Zealand (you can do this in one of five possible ways, and spending significant time in New Zealand is arguably the easiest way to do it). There are very limited ways in which one can obtain a Permanent Resident Visa without having obtained a Resident Visa first, but these situations are few and far between: the most common applies to the Talent (Accredited Employer) crowd, and the number of people eligible for a direct Permanent Resident Visa this way is dwindling and will eventually disappear.

Hi yes I mean resident not permanent resident sorry.