Thread: Govt's approach to NZRP

Default Govt's approach to NZRP

Hi All,

I have recently seen this quote from ministry of business in most of the fyi's regarding the SMC's. Does anyone know what it means for future applicants what to expect like increased points,lower quota,etc. I just want to know what do they mean targeted approach so that we can prepare for those things in future when EOI's open again.

"The Government is currently reviewing its approach to the NZRP, and is considering replacing the
    planning range with a more targeted approach that focuses on management of specific residence
    visa types. In the meantime, INZ will continue to process applications at same volume and with
    the same level of resourcing as the previous NZRP allowed for."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
    Hi All,

I have recently seen this quote from ministry of business in most of the fyi's regarding the SMC's. Does anyone know what it means for future applicants what to expect like increased points,lower quota,etc. I just want to know what do they mean targeted approach so that we can prepare for those things in future when EOI's open again.

"The Government is currently reviewing its approach to the NZRP, and is considering replacing the
    planning range with a more targeted approach that focuses on management of specific residence
    visa types. In the meantime, INZ will continue to process applications at same volume and with
    the same level of resourcing as the previous NZRP allowed for."

Thanks
    No can tell for sure until Govt comes up with something, my best guess is that there would be an increase in either (or both) points or Salary, considering the fact how many applications INZ is receiving are in Priority, and looking at the trend of Salary threshold to gain residency by different visa type has increased significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    No can tell for sure until Govt comes up with something, my best guess is that there would be an increase in either (or both) points or Salary, considering the fact how many applications INZ is receiving are in Priority, and looking at the trend of Salary threshold to gain residency by different visa type has increased significantly.
    I am surprised to note so many immigrants meeting high income threshold. I am curious what profession they relate to and may be their origin. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    I am surprised to note so many immigrants meeting high income threshold. I am curious what profession they relate to and may be their origin. Any idea?
    IT or any other profession with some management experience (10 years + maybe).

It’s not unusual to be paid 100k+ in corporates, you don’t have to be a team lead for that. If you progress your career steadily in an area that offers that pathway you can get that with 5 years experience.