Thread: Regarding Travel to New ZEALAND- JSV VISA

Default Regarding Travel to New ZEALAND- JSV VISA

Hi,

I got JSV ON March 10th 2020 and will expire on March 10th 2021.

Please let me know whether there will any possibilities for Entry of JSV visa holders into New Zealand.

Will all my time, effort and money be wasted?

Experts please advice.

Krishnamurthi Avadhanula

You will need to apply for an exception to the border restrictions here, if you have a critical reason to travel to New Zealand. These are extremely difficult to obtain: the starting point for consideration is that the New Zealand border is closed for all but critical travel, and that protecting public health in New Zealand is paramount.

The Government has not announced any form of extension to holders of a Work Visa issued under Skilled Migrant Category Job Search instructions. As such, unless or until the Government chooses to do so, the status quo remains: if you do not provide evidence to INZ that you have obtained an offer of ongoing skilled employment within the currency of your Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Work Visa, your Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa application must be declined under SM3.20.5(b).

Hi Kelerei,

I have applied for the border exception based on the partnership and so that my partner can travel with me to NZ. However the application has bee rejected twice. Below is the response that we received.

We received your EOI on 28 August 2020. Your request to be considered under the COVID-19 travel ban exception process has not been successful and you have not been invited to apply for a visa under the COVID-19 exception process.

Each EOI is carefully checked to consider whether the applicant meets the criteria to be invited to apply for a visa under the COVID-19 exception process. The New Zealand border remains closed for all unless an exception is made for critical travel and unfortunately we are unable to make an exception in your case.

We have not invited you to apply because we are not satisfied that you meet the criteria to be granted an exception to the current border closure on the basis of your relationship with a New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder. We are therefore not satisfied you have a critical purpose for travel to New Zealand as outlined in immigration instructions H5.25.15 (f).
    As per immigration instructions H5.25.20, a person will be considered to be the partner of a New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident visa holder, or resident visa holder, or Australian citizen or permanent resident who is ordinarily resident in New Zealand, if they meet the requirements for partners specified in E4.1. One of the following requirements must also be met:
    i. Be travelling with that New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder; or
    ii. Be ordinarily resident in New Zealand; or
    iii. Have a visa based on your relationship to the New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder.

However, we qualify based on the 1 bullet point, as I am a permanent resident on NZ and my partner is supposed to travel with me. Request your assistance.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    You will need to apply for an exception to the border restrictions here, if you have a critical reason to travel to New Zealand. These are extremely difficult to obtain: the starting point for consideration is that the New Zealand border is closed for all but critical travel, and that protecting public health in New Zealand is paramount.

The Government has not announced any form of extension to holders of a Work Visa issued under Skilled Migrant Category Job Search instructions. As such, unless or until the Government chooses to do so, the status quo remains: if you do not provide evidence to INZ that you have obtained an offer of ongoing skilled employment within the currency of your Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Work Visa, your Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa application must be declined under SM3.20.5(b).

Quote Originally Posted by Garden365365 View Post
    Hi Kelerei,

I have applied for the border exception based on the partnership and so that my partner can travel with me to NZ. However the application has bee rejected twice. Below is the response that we received.

We received your EOI on 28 August 2020. Your request to be considered under the COVID-19 travel ban exception process has not been successful and you have not been invited to apply for a visa under the COVID-19 exception process.

Each EOI is carefully checked to consider whether the applicant meets the criteria to be invited to apply for a visa under the COVID-19 exception process. The New Zealand border remains closed for all unless an exception is made for critical travel and unfortunately we are unable to make an exception in your case.

We have not invited you to apply because we are not satisfied that you meet the criteria to be granted an exception to the current border closure on the basis of your relationship with a New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder. We are therefore not satisfied you have a critical purpose for travel to New Zealand as outlined in immigration instructions H5.25.15 (f).
    As per immigration instructions H5.25.20, a person will be considered to be the partner of a New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident visa holder, or resident visa holder, or Australian citizen or permanent resident who is ordinarily resident in New Zealand, if they meet the requirements for partners specified in E4.1. One of the following requirements must also be met:
    i. Be travelling with that New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder; or
    iii. Have a visa based on your relationship to the New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder.

However, we qualify based on the 1 bullet point, as I am a permanent resident on NZ and my partner is supposed to travel with me. Request your assistance.

Regards
    Kelerei is a migrant like any of us and is by no means required to offer assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Garden365365 View Post
    Hi Kelerei,

Regards
    Already answered by JandM here. Please don't cross-post; it makes life harder for those of us who come along to answer these threads, and won't get you a faster answer anyway.

I need to point out two important threads - this one https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51538 and this one. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24859 These point out NZ law saying that no ordinary person is allowed to give immigration advice, and the difference this made to the ENZ forum (since we have to be very careful to be within the law in order to stay open). Advising - telling another person what they should do about an immigration matter - is only allowed from Licensed Immigration Advisers or immigration lawyers. Most of us on these threads can therefore, when we hear about someone's problem, can only share experiences, or point out places on the Immigration New Zealand website which may be relevant.

Sure, will keep that in mind. Thanks. Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Already answered by JandM here. Please don't cross-post; it makes life harder for those of us who come along to answer these threads, and won't get you a faster answer anyway.

Hi Nether111,

I am aware of that and we share our experiences here to support each other, that is why I used 'request'. And for your concern on assistance I already have a immigration advisor who is assisting professionally.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Nether111 View Post
    Kelerei is a migrant like any of us and is by no means required to offer assistance