Thread: SMC lodgement date May 2019

Default SMC lodgement date May 2019

I am trying to figure out how long it will still take to get a case officer assigned. my lodgement date is 1 May 2019
    I saw some stats saying there is 2312 applications in the non priority queue for period 20 Dec - 31 May, anyone have a breakdown of this?
    Also vaguely remember seeing that about 300 applications are assigned per month, is this correct?
    What are the chances of being assigned a CO before Dec?
    My company is merging with another organisation effective 1 Dec 2020 and redundancies are on the horizon.
    Don't know if I should wait it out or start looking for a job now, I currently have a Talent accredited employer visa, but with VOC's taking almost 2 months I think it will be very difficult to find another job where employer will be willing to wait that long.

I may be wrong.
    But based on recent average weekly allocations of applications, assuming that the priority queue is finished, and assuming the similar volume of application processing, the application lodged on 31st May 2019 will be allocated on 11th December. These are just my calculations, as I was doing to estimate my next visa lodgement plans and begin collecting documents which take time such as PCC. (calculations may be wrong and the assumptions I mentioned above may change)

Week # of applications allocated weekly
    week 1 264
    week 2 48
    week 3 50
    week 4 99
    week 5 240
    week 6 230
    week 7 122
    week 8 154
    week 9 156
    week 10 199

average_weekly_allocation = 156.2
    remaining applications between 20 Dec 2018 - 31 May 2019 = 2312

# of weeks to reach 31 May = 14.802
    # of days to reach 31 May =103.611
    expected date to reach 31 May = 11th December 2020

No one can tell for sure, But looking at the tredn in last one month, they have cleared 1515 Non Priroity Application and queue has jumped from 21 dec to almost 30th Jan (obviously Christamas break was in between these dates), and we have to factor the offshore applications as well, which will bring down numbers even more from 2312.

I have emailed Business advisor at MBIE who gave me that 2312 number. I asked him regarding how many apps are offshore and also requested updated number of applications

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjittoor View Post
    I have emailed Business advisor at MBIE who gave me that 2312 number. I asked him regarding how many apps are offshore and also requested updated number of applications
    nice, update the fresh numbers here and i will then post new calculations based on those figures. i hope once offshore numbers are excluded, it will push back further from 11th Dec to November dates possibly.