Thread: Employment proof while applying for WTR Resident Visa

Default Employment proof while applying for WTR Resident Visa

I will soon be completing 24 months on WTR work visa and will then apply for WTR Resident visa. I was employed with employerA for initial 6 months and then changed to employerB(both accredited) and continuing to be employed with employerB now. I had also applied for VoC when I switched jobs to relfect the same on my visa.
    My question is:
    Do I need to provide a Certificate of employment from employerA when I apply for resident visa? I think I got it from my employer when I left job last year but seems to have misplaced it. But I can contact my previous employer to give me a copy now if that's required.
    Also, for my current employment, do I need to provide any docs like employment contract/payslips/certificate of employment etc?

Can someone who has received this visa remember what evidence you had to supply, please?

Quote Originally Posted by garima21 View Post
    Do I need to provide a Certificate of employment from employerA when I apply for resident visa? I think I got it from my employer when I left job last year but seems to have misplaced it. But I can contact my previous employer to give me a copy now if that's required.
    RW2.10(a) states that you must provide evidence that, during the currency of your Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa, you have been employed in New Zealand by any accredited employer throughout a period of at least 24 months. Given that, it is reasonable to assume that INZ will want to see evidence of your previous employment with Accredited Employer A as well as evidence of your current employment with Accredited Employer B.

Quote Originally Posted by garima21 View Post
    Also, for my current employment, do I need to provide any docs like employment contract/payslips/certificate of employment etc?
    As per RW2.10(b), you must provide evidence that your employment meets the requirements set out at RW2.5. From my own experience having previously held a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa, all the documents you mention will be useful to provide, and from my own experience later applying for a Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa (I went that route instead of waiting to be eligible for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa), bank statements and IRD summaries of earnings may also prove handy.

Thanks @JandM & @Kelerei.