Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know about verification officer or finance verification department of INZ?

Default Does anyone know about verification officer or finance verification department of INZ?

Hi there,

I got my 2nd CO in late Feb., but she didn't contact me or the employer. She asked for some update on my employment in May (a few days after NZ moved to level 2), but before she got anything from me, my case was referred to Verification Officer by my new CO. It's the first time I heard about Verification Officer. And about one month later, this Verification Officer sent my employer's financial documents to Finance Verification department for assessment, which was in June. Then I didn't hear anything from INZ, except they required some financial files update from my employer 10 days ago. BTW, they required ten times of financial files update during the last 2 years.
    My question is
    1/ Does anyone know what do verification officers do and in what situation case will be referred to a VO to verify?
    2/ I don't understand, my CO referred my case to VO even before we got in touch. She literally doesn't have any update files on hand and made this decision, which is really confusing.
    3/ I could see the VO sent financial documents to Finance Verification department 2 months ago, and we didn't hear from INZ of anything. Does that mean they didn't find anything suspicious?

I got all of the behind-the-scenes information by sending an information request to INZ online, as I checked with call centre they don't have any notes or update recorded.

Financial verification makes sense to me. INZ need to know that a business providing a skilled job for a new Resident is on a sound footing and not likely to be about to go under. SM6.30.10.e. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66791.htm It's possible that there's a requirement that they keep updating that information during processing (as the national economic climate could affect the employer's situation, e.g. during the current pandemic regulations), but ten times in the course of two years does sound rather odd.

The only reference to 'Verification officers' I found on a search was from two years ago, in connection with partnership visas, and that doesn't sound as though it has a bearing on your case. Maybe EGoodhue or any other ex-INZ CO can shed some light on this?

Notice, a CO doesn't have to go through you, necessarily, to work on your case. If there are matters they can check with third parties, e.g. your qualifications, work history, partnership status, you may not hear anything about that. There have been instances that the first an applicant heard about their processing was that the file had been sent for 2pc, which is an extreme case and shouldn't happen, only it sometimes does.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Financial verification makes sense to me. INZ need to know that a business providing a skilled job for a new Resident is on a sound footing and not likely to be about to go under. SM6.30.10.e. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66791.htm It's possible that there's a requirement that they keep updating that information during processing (as the national economic climate could affect the employer's situation, e.g. during the current pandemic regulations), but ten times in the course of two years does sound rather odd.

The only reference to 'Verification officers' I found on a search was from two years ago, in connection with partnership visas, and that doesn't sound as though it has a bearing on your case. Maybe EGoodhue or any other ex-INZ CO can shed some light on this?

Notice, a CO doesn't have to go through you, necessarily, to work on your case. If there are matters they can check with third parties, e.g. your qualifications, work history, partnership status, you may not hear anything about that. There have been instances that the first an applicant heard about their processing was that the file had been sent for 2pc, which is an extreme case and shouldn't happen, only it sometimes does.
    Thank you, JandM. I guess it's a new department and procedure, nobody has heard before.

Hi there @Ariel00 I’ve read about the SAT here before : https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...akcjHVq3TGkPaQ

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    Hi there @Ariel00 I’ve read about the SAT here before : https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...akcjHVq3TGkPaQ
    Financial Verification and VO's are different from SAT.

Hi there,

I am in a similar situation. I lodged my Application in October 2018. I got my first CO in March 2019. She resigned at the beginning of November. (she has done all the assessments except the employment part - I know that from AMS request from INZ)
    I got my second CO in the middle of November. she requested verification in February 2020 and she left a note on my file that ICC do not release information regarding my ongoing verification. Unlike you, I don't know what kind of verification they are doing.
    My employer didn't provide any financials when my second CO requested. My first CO never requested any financials.
    I guess my current CO wants to do a site visit? Some note is redacted so I don't know what she is requesting.
    My case is in rotation with three verification officers at the end of July, but from the note, they didn't do anything.
    If a site visit is requested, it has been several months after lockdown, but nothing happened.

Any update on your case?

Quote Originally Posted by 7926 View Post
    Hi there,

I am in a similar situation. I lodged my Application in October 2018. I got my first CO in March 2019. She resigned at the beginning of November. (she has done all the assessments except the employment part - I know that from AMS request from INZ)
    I got my second CO in the middle of November. she requested verification in February 2020 and she left a note on my file that ICC do not release information regarding my ongoing verification. Unlike you, I don't know what kind of verification they are doing.
    My employer didn't provide any financials when my second CO requested. My first CO never requested any financials.
    I guess my current CO wants to do a site visit? Some note is redacted so I don't know what she is requesting.
    My case is in rotation with three verification officers at the end of July, but from the note, they didn't do anything.
    If a site visit is requested, it has been several months after lockdown, but nothing happened.

Any update on your case?
    Hi 7926, whats your occupation and how old is the business you working for?

Accountant.
    The business has been operating since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorsaab_001 View Post
    Hi 7926, whats your occupation and how old is the business you working for?
    Accountant.
    The business has been operating since 2005.

How can you make an official information request directly with inz?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast