Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone know about verification officer or finance verification department of INZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    How can you make an official information request directly with inz?
    visit fyi.org.nz and create one.

its really easy but its gonna take nearly 20 days to get answer.

They will give you information regarding whole process or category. You cannot get any information regarding your case by OIA. For individual case use https://privacy.org.nz/further-resou...-my-info-tool/
    or you can make a request straight to INZ using https://www.immigration.govt.nz/cont...ation-about-me
    Last edited by Toorsaab_001; 5th October 2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    How can you make an official information request directly with inz?
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/cont...st-information

Things have changed a bit since I was working at INZ 5 years ago - but:
    1/ Does anyone know what do verification officers do and in what situation case will be referred to a VO to verify? All Immigration Officers have basic training in verification but for more complex verification, they refer applications on to the Verification team which has staff specifically trained in verification, who undertake the checks of employment or work experience for them. The Verification Officer will then send a report back to the Immigration Officer with their findings.
    2/ I don't understand, my CO referred my case to VO even before we got in touch. She literally doesn't have any update files on hand and made this decision, which is really confusing. My understanding is that the CO can refer the case on to the VO at any point, and ask for verification of the documents that were on file at lodgement.
    3/ I could see the VO sent financial documents to Finance Verification department 2 months ago, and we didn't hear from INZ of anything. Does that mean they didn't find anything suspicious? I haven't heard of the Finance Verification team before but 2 months doesn't necessarily mean that you won't hear from INZ about the outcome of their checks - everything is moving so incredibly slowly at INZ at the moment that 2 months means very little to them in terms of a timeframe for actioning something.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Things have changed a bit since I was working at INZ 5 years ago - but:
    1/ Does anyone know what do verification officers do and in what situation case will be referred to a VO to verify? All Immigration Officers have basic training in verification but for more complex verification, they refer applications on to the Verification team which has staff specifically trained in verification, who undertake the checks of employment or work experience for them. The Verification Officer will then send a report back to the Immigration Officer with their findings.
    2/ I don't understand, my CO referred my case to VO even before we got in touch. She literally doesn't have any update files on hand and made this decision, which is really confusing. My understanding is that the CO can refer the case on to the VO at any point, and ask for verification of the documents that were on file at lodgement.
    3/ I could see the VO sent financial documents to Finance Verification department 2 months ago, and we didn't hear from INZ of anything. Does that mean they didn't find anything suspicious? I haven't heard of the Finance Verification team before but 2 months doesn't necessarily mean that you won't hear from INZ about the outcome of their checks - everything is moving so incredibly slowly at INZ at the moment that 2 months means very little to them in terms of a timeframe for actioning something.
    Hi EGoodhue,

Just wondering if I request my AMS note, can I see the verification report in it? In my AMS note, I can see I got a VO in Feb 2020, but nothing under it. Probably my CO didn't put the report in my file?

Quote Originally Posted by 7926 View Post
    Hi EGoodhue,

Just wondering if I request my AMS note, can I see the verification report in it? In my AMS note, I can see I got a VO in Feb 2020, but nothing under it. Probably my CO didn't put the report in my file?
    Sorry, I'm not completely sure, as the process has changed since I left INZ in 2015. When I was there pre-2015, verification reports were able to be released under Privacy Act requests but you might have to specifically ask for the verification report because there's a chance the report itself is kept on a different system to AMS now....??

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Sorry, I'm not completely sure, as the process has changed since I left INZ in 2015. When I was there pre-2015, verification reports were able to be released under Privacy Act requests but you might have to specifically ask for the verification report because there's a chance the report itself is kept on a different system to AMS now....??
    thanks for your reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12