Thread: Statuary requirement

Default Statuary requirement

Hi all,

Case officer came back after 2 weeks with requirement to provide statutory declarations that my two children who are grown up are still dependent on me , can any one provide any format for it?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Shahzad View Post
    Hi all,

Case officer came back after 2 weeks with requirement to provide statutory declarations that my two children who are grown up are still dependent on me , can any one provide any format for it?

Thx
    I can't tell you how to word it (this falls within the realm of professional advice, and I don't have any personal experience of my own with this), but I can tell you why you've been requested to provide this: R2.1.30. Perhaps you could use that as a starting point?

Also, the Ministry of Justice has information about making a statutory declaration, if you're unsure of what you need to do. The important thing is not to sign and date it until you're in front of your witness (usually your local JP): this is the most common thing people get wrong.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 1st September 2020 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    I can't tell you how to word it (this falls within the realm of professional advice, and I don't have any personal experience of my own with this), but I can tell you why you've been requested to provide this: R2.1.30. Perhaps you could use that as a starting point?

Also, the Ministry of Justice has information about making a statutory declaration, if you're unsure of what you need to do. The important thing is not to sign and date it until you're in front of your witness (usually your local JP): this is the most common thing people get wrong.
    Obliged as always. You are superb. Thank you for the feedback

We had to do one to explain one piece of missing information,I say had to, it seemed the only rational thing to do as the alternative proposed by INZ was utterly obsurd.

I can't remember what we wrote but it was along the lines of "I declare that...". It was pretty much 2 lines signed by my partner and a lawyer and the lawyer signed the document involved as an appendix to the declaration. She did help us word it so any lawyer or JP will have experience of writing these and be able to to help. As it's literally a couple of lines just take a pen and paper and write it in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    We had to do one to explain one piece of missing information,I say had to, it seemed the only rational thing to do as the alternative proposed by INZ was utterly obsurd.

I can't remember what we wrote but it was along the lines of "I declare that...". It was pretty much 2 lines signed by my partner and a lawyer and the lawyer signed the document involved as an appendix to the declaration. She did help us word it so any lawyer or JP will have experience of writing these and be able to to help. As it's literally a couple of lines just take a pen and paper and write it in front of them.
    Thxdeverett. I drafted the document and have sent these across. 😄