Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conditions of Residence-class visa

Default Conditions of Residence-class visa

Hey everyone

As a March 2019 applicant hopefully I'll soon be in line to get a CO finally! In the meantime I'm awaiting the outcome of my third attempt at a promotion (sigh).

I just wanted to check the conditions of the residence-class visa:

If you were awarded points for an offer of skilled employment outside of Auckland, you must:

• take up that job within 3 months of coming to New Zealand
    • stay in that job for at least 12 months
    • continue to be paid at or above the level of remuneration for which skilled employment points were awarded to you, for at least 12 months.
    • You must provide evidence within 5 years of your first day in New Zealand as a resident that you stayed in your skilled employment for at least 12 months.

So we can get in touch with you to check your evidence, you’ll need to let us know if your address changes during this time.

I just wanted to clarify:
    1. As I have already been in my current role for 18/19 months would the condition for staying in the role for 12 months still apply?
    2. If I take the promotion would I then have to remain in this role for 12 months after I got residency?

Thanks for the help!

if you already compleated 3 months before granting residence visa then this condition will not be applied on your visa

I understand that these rules only apply if you are coming to NZ to take up a job offer... not if you are currently working in the said job

Quote Originally Posted by robbo1234 View Post
    I understand that these rules only apply if you are coming to NZ to take up a job offer... not if you are currently working in the said job
    Oh really? That's brilliant news!

I have this same doubt!
    Does anyone who has got their residency approved recently can assure this conditions do not apply for who already is working on the same occupation for a long period of time?
    Cheers

See here in the INZ Operational Manual. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66848.htm This chart details the conditions which can be imposed on a residence visa being granted if the applicant has just the OFFER of a skilled job, or has a job s/he has held for LESS THAN THREE MONTHS, as it says in the heading.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    See here in the INZ Operational Manual. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66848.htm This chart details the conditions which can be imposed on a residence visa being granted if the applicant has just the OFFER of a skilled job, or has a job s/he has held for LESS THAN THREE MONTHS, as it says in the heading.
    Shoot, sorry JandM I usually try to make heads or tails of the Ops Manual before asking but this section confused the heck out of me!

I just want to clarify: if I were to take the promotion, I would end up with Section 49 conditions, but if I didn't then I would have no Section 49 conditions as I have worked the role for more than 12 months? Sorry, I'm in recovery from an op and I'm not functioning at 100% right now.

Is the promotion still using the same skill as your present job? Would it meet the same ANZSCO description?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Is the promotion still using the same skill as your present job? Would it meet the same ANZSCO description?
    Yes it would be! It is essentially moving from (blank) admin to (blank) advisor, the only difference being a significant pay increase and a change in job title. Job description is the same.

Job TITLES don't matter, since an employer can call a job whatever makes sense within his/her business (e.g. team C leader, annexe supervisor), which may mean nothing to an outsider. It's the job DESCRIPTION that is important. So the change should not involve any conditions, if it's with the same employer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast