Thread: When the great New Zealand immigration tap suddenly went dry

Default When the great New Zealand immigration tap suddenly went dry

Last edited by cjvk69; 7th September 2020 at 02:05 PM.

Very informative but kept opinion to a very low. Article keeps mentioning ''fertility''. I'm very fertile. I'm just literally overwhelmed by both wanting to be a mother and not wanting to be a mother in times of pandemic, political instability, climate change. There are just too many reasons not to have kids these days. And i'm 31. Clock is ticking. I find that because a lot of couples in our situation ''(parenting is a big thing, you have to be prepared, do it right, give them the best, have to have a house, job situation)'' blah blah, we're put off parenting or delaying it yet we are getting older. Because the most common pathway to NZ is by being qualified (not my case, I married an Australian), it means that couples moving to NZ have pursued a career and studies overseas. By the time they get their first visa they're usually in their late 20's or 30's. Then EVERYTHING needs to happen in a short period of time.
    I'm sure for some cultures this is a non brainer. Family comes first. For us? Still don't have a clue.