Thread: Delay in work visa decision - Onshore, Please advise

Default Delay in work visa decision - Onshore, Please advise

Hi All

I am frustrated as my current silver fern visa is about to expire.

I did apply for work to resident visa on March 2020, case officer contacted me at the end of August, I did provide all required documents and till now no updates. I called the immigration helpline and they advised that I got a new case officer on the 5th of September.

My visa will expire on 25 September and I am currently working full time, when I called they told me if my visa expired before visa grant, I will get an interim visa which has the same conditions as a visitor visa so I can not work.

I took the case officer email and emailed him today, but still not sure what should I do at this stage.

Please advise.

You have made contact with the new CO and no doubt pointed out to him that your present visa will expire shortly. For the moment, you need to wait for a reaction from him. There's no mechanism for getting priority on this kind of visa. I know it must be very frustrating to face the prospect of that kind of interim visa, but it's the way it's always been. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions

Thanks for your input

Lets hope for the best