Thread: Partnership Resident Visa - no immigration officer yet until now with 2 months left

Question Partnership Resident Visa - no immigration officer yet until now with 2 months left

My partner applied twice now for a work visa under partnership. While the 2nd work visa is still going we applied for resident visa under partnership. I understand that due to Covid19, things are a bit messy. I have been reading this ops manual here for resident under partnership. I could not find any information regarding the extension. We can't apply for another work visa now since it will be over 24 months. Base on my previous thread here and from this ops manual for work visa , saying "Further visas may be granted upon application for up to a maximum of 24 months", that means we can no longer apply for another work visa under partnership. My question is, is the immigration going to provide any automatic extension for my partner's work visa? Until now we don't have officer and that's worries me. Im not sure if I should call immigration. I just wish they are aware of situation like this. Anyone can help? Thank you.
    Last edited by skadsuh; 12th September 2020 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skadsuh View Post
    My partner applied twice now for a work visa under partnership. While the 2nd work visa is still going we applied for resident visa under partnership. I understand that due to Covid19, things are a bit messy. I have been reading this ops manual here for resident under partnership. I could not find any information regarding the extension. We can't apply for another work visa now since it will be over 24 months. Base on my previous thread here and from this ops manual for work visa , saying "Further visas may be granted upon application for up to a maximum of 24 months", that means we can no longer apply for another work visa under partnership. My question is, is the immigration going to provide any automatic extension for my partner's work visa? Until now we don't have officer and that's worries me. Im not sure if I should call immigration. I just wish they are aware of situation like this. Anyone can help? Thank you.
    There's plenty of evidence in this thread that INZ will grant a further Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa as an exception to instructions if an application for a Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa is pending. You'll need to apply for the further Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa as per normal.

Yes, agreed. The regulations as written were formulated for when everything at INZ was working normally, and things just haven't been doing that since the botched reorganization over two years ago, never mind the additional effects of the lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    There's plenty of evidence in this thread that INZ will grant a further Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa as an exception to instructions if an application for a Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa is pending. You'll need to apply for the further Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa as per normal.
    That's interesting. There is nowhere in the manual suggesting this. If INZ has this exception, we'll apply asap. Thanks Kelerei.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, agreed. The regulations as written were formulated for when everything at INZ was working normally, and things just haven't been doing that since the botched reorganization over two years ago, never mind the additional effects of the lockdown.
    Yeah that's true. I wonder how will the government address this issue.

We are in the same boat. Applied in Aug 2019, still no outcome 15 mths later. No communication from CO after attempts to contact her. Husbands temp visa expires Feb 21... if there is still no decision by then it will be 18 mths. Seems unfair to have to pay out for another work visa, but what choice do we have?

Hey
    How did you get on?
    Hubby had to apply for a third temp work visa ( it was lodged 2 1/2 weeks prior to his previous visa expiring) guess what ? It was approved 7 days after lodgement - wth??? No interim nothing! Like how often does that happen? And he was approved for his resident visa just 10 days after his expiry date $600+ for a 10 day visa !!! Also no letter regarding the decision - our CO was absolutely shocking for poor communication. It just made the whole experience disappointing - 18 months for a decision and 2 temp work visa applications in the interim. I just wish she had’ve communicated with us better - answering questions on emails and returning our calls.
    Last edited by kimic127; 20th February 2021 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Typo