Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Person Check/ Quality Check

If it's gone back to the Immigration Officer, then as per this information from Erin, it means one of two things:

• The more likely possibility: the Technical Adviser has identified a part of the application that the Immigration Officer has failed to check, or there are flaws in the Immigration Officer's rationale to either approve or decline the application. The Immigration Officer now must perform remedial work on the application and return the updated file to the Technical Adviser as soon as possible.
    • If you received a PPI letter at any point during processing of your application, a second possibility exists: the Immigration Officer recommended that the application be declined, and the Technical Adviser has verified the correctness of the Immigration Officer's work. The Immigration Officer must now write the Decline letter and send it out. Note that this possibility can not exist if you never received a PPI letter, as a generic residence instruction (R5.20.5) explicitly states that, in accordance with the principles of fairness and natural justice set out in the Administration chapter (A1), applicants for a residence class visa must be given the opportunity to comment before a decision is made to decline to grant a visa on the basis of any potentially prejudicial information that they are not necessarily aware of.

If the recommendation was that the application be approved, and the application passed the Technical Adviser's checks, the file is not returned to the Immigration Officer. Instead, it goes to the Support Team, who will then have the responsibility of issuing the Approval letter and eVisa.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 10th December 2020 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    If it's gone back to the Immigration Officer, then as per this information from Erin, it means one of two things:

• The more likely possibility: the Technical Adviser has identified a part of the application that the Immigration Officer has failed to check, or there are flaws in the Immigration Officer's rationale to either approve or decline the application. The Immigration Officer now must perform remedial work on the application and return the updated file to the Technical Adviser as soon as possible.
    • If you received a PPI letter at any point during processing of your application, a second possibility exists: the Immigration Officer recommended that the application be declined, and the Technical Adviser has verified the correctness of the Immigration Officer's work. The Immigration Officer must now write the Decline letter and send it out. Note that this possibility can not exist if you never received a PPI letter, as a generic residence instruction (R5.20.5) explicitly states that, in accordance with the principles of fairness and natural justice set out in the Administration chapter (A1), applicants for a residence class visa must be given the opportunity to comment before a decision is made to decline to grant a visa on the basis of any potentially prejudicial information that they are not necessarily aware of.

If the recommendation was that the application be approved, and the application passed the Technical Adviser's checks, the file is not returned to the Immigration Officer. Instead, it goes to the Support Team, who will then have the responsibility of issuing the Approval letter and eVisa.

I did not received any PPI letter. After my interview and after submitting all the evidences asked from me it went to the 2PC queue and now when I called, said it is with the CO. It has been there with the CO for 1 week without asking me anthing for rework. Just worried.

The CO wouldn't necessarily need to ask you anything further if s/he has to do more work - it could be that s/he didn't write up the case correctly. Or s/he may have to check some detail with a third party.

Of course you're worried. Here's hoping you get a good outcome soon. Fingers crossed. +++++++++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The CO wouldn't necessarily need to ask you anything further if s/he has to do more work - it could be that s/he didn't write up the case correctly. Or s/he may have to check some detail with a third party.

Of course you're worried. Here's hoping you get a good outcome soon. Fingers crossed. +++++++++++++++
    Thank you JandM. I need that lots of fingers crossed😁

How long before I receive AIP letter once my online status change to approved?

Quote Originally Posted by benz View Post
    How long before I receive AIP letter once my online status change to approved?
    Depends on how many other applications the Support Team is dealing with, but shouldn't be more than 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Depends on how many other applications the Support Team is dealing with, but shouldn't be more than 2 weeks.
    Oh i see. So I just need to wait then. I still can't believe it!

Did your status change, then?

Hi JandM, Yes! it changed this morning. It changed to APPROVED. No expiry date tho. Im so happy

Excellent news!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast