Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Person Check/ Quality Check

Mr. k, you have to wait and see right now. As you will have read on other threads, sometimes the 2pc official tells the CO of some further action that needs to happen, but otherwise, if approval was recommended and the 2cp official agrees, the case is sent back for the CO to get the formalities ordered, which are then done by clerks. In this between-time, nobody can tell you anything by guesswork. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Mr. k, you have to wait and see right now. As you will have read on other threads, sometimes the 2pc official tells the CO of some further action that needs to happen, but otherwise, if approval was recommended and the 2cp official agrees, the case is sent back for the CO to get the formalities ordered, which are then done by clerks. In this between-time, nobody can tell you anything by guesswork. Good luck.
    Thank you JandM, I rang INZ call center they advised that outcome is decided and the status of the application is that is with support team and they will send us letter to inform us the outcome please note we haven’t received any PPI letter and INZ and sent to second person check just in 2 days and now with support team. What you think about this ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. k View Post
    Thank you JandM, I rang INZ call center they advised that outcome is decided and the status of the application is that is with support team and they will send us letter to inform us the outcome please note we haven’t received any PPI letter and INZ and sent to second person check just in 2 days and now with support team. What you think about this ?

Thanks
    Per this post by Erin (former Immigration Officer and current Licensed Immigration Advisor), it seems rather likely that your application is approved, and is now sitting with the Support Team who will issue the Approval letter and e-Visa and send it out (they may need to issue an Approved in Principle letter first if approval is dependent on an action you need to take, which is usually a passport needing to be sighted).

If the application was declined, it doesn't go to the Support Team after the Second Person Check is completed: it goes back to the assessing Immigration Officer, who has the responsibility of writing the letter of declination and sending it out. This is unlikely to be the case if you never received a PPI letter, because (as per R5.20.5) applicants for a residence class visa must always be given the opportunity to comment before a decision is made to decline to grant a visa on the basis of any potentially prejudicial information that they are not necessarily aware of. Your application would have also gone back to the assessing Immigration Officer if the Second Person Check failed, for the Immigration Officer to take remedial action.

Just keep the champagne on ice and dancing bananas on hold in case I'm wrong.

(EDIT: While Erin's post is specifically about Skilled Migrant Category applications, the information she posted about INZ's internal processes are almost certainly relevant to applications made under Family Categories as well.)
    Last edited by Kelerei; 8th January 2021 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Per this post by Erin (former Immigration Officer and current Licensed Immigration Advisor), it seems rather likely that your application is approved, and is now sitting with the Support Team who will issue the Approval letter and e-Visa and send it out (they may need to issue an Approved in Principle letter first if approval is dependent on an action you need to take, which is usually a passport needing to be sighted).

If the application was declined, it doesn't go to the Support Team after the Second Person Check is completed: it goes back to the assessing Immigration Officer, who has the responsibility of writing the letter of declination and sending it out. This is unlikely to be the case if you never received a PPI letter, because (as per R5.20.5) applicants for a residence class visa must always be given the opportunity to comment before a decision is made to decline to grant a visa on the basis of any potentially prejudicial information that they are not necessarily aware of. Your application would have also gone back to the assessing Immigration Officer if the Second Person Check failed, for the Immigration Officer to take remedial action.

Just keep the champagne on ice and dancing bananas on hold in case I'm wrong.

(EDIT: While Erin's post is specifically about Skilled Migrant Category applications, the information she posted about INZ's internal processes are almost certainly relevant to applications made under Family Categories as well.)
    Haha thanks for huge information above, appreciate for that and this is a genuine application that’s why case officer just took few hours after assigning to complete the application and send it to second person check.

Hi Mr.K

What was the deadline the CO officer gave you to submit required documents on December 18?

Resident visa Approved and issued this morning -
    my partner is resident from 11th January 2021.
    Thanks everyone - JandM and kelerei.

Cheers
    Dancing banana ! I don’t know how to insert that in the phone... hahaha

(You type in a colon : then, with no gap, raebanana!)

Default Banana

Quote Originally Posted by potatoqueen View Post
    Hi Mr.K

What was the deadline the CO officer gave you to submit required documents on December 18?
    Hi CO sent me an email stating below :
    Uploaded to your online account as soon as possible.

“””I am planning to assess your application next week, so if you can upload the requested evidence as listed above as soon as possible that would be greatly appreciated, as it may potentially reduce assessment delay.

After the initial assessment, I will let you know if I need further documents/evidence.””

No time frame just to upload ASAP as we uploaded same day and they access Monday and asked for 1 document was missing and we upload same day and then the application was passed to second person check next day as we got to know by ringing INZ customer service. Co never told us any update regarding stages. And after that holidays and when they open offices on 5th I rang again on 6th customer service to check status that said second person check completed and it’s on final stage and again rang 8th they said application is with support team and then weekend and then Monday morning we received email of resident visa issued. Cheers

!”
    Last edited by Mr. k; 11th January 2021 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Banana doesn’t work

Thanks JandM

Hello guys, if anybody knows, please shed light on whether second person check is also done in partnership work visa applications.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast