Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doubting my ANZSCO code selected for SMC

Default Doubting my ANZSCO code selected for SMC

What is the repercussions of applying under an incorrect ANZSCO code?

I have been reading posts about people doing telephonic interviews where they had to explain how their job ties in to the ANZSCO code claimed and it made me doubt my selected code.
    I applied under code 221111 General accountant, but now I think either the Bookkeeper code 551211 or Finance manager 132211 are more suited.
    In fact, I am probably more in between a bookkeeper and Finance Manager, thus why I thought general accountant would be okay.

My question is how strictly are they matching your duties to those listed under the codes?
    I am a bit worried about this as case officers would not understand your industry and while I certainly do accountant work on a daily, they might not agree 100% with the duties listed under the codes so this is making me a bit nervous

Quote Originally Posted by Zanique View Post
    What is the repercussions of applying under an incorrect ANZSCO code?

I have been reading posts about people doing telephonic interviews where they had to explain how their job ties in to the ANZSCO code claimed and it made me doubt my selected code.
    I applied under code 221111 General accountant, but now I think either the Bookkeeper code 551211 or Finance manager 132211 are more suited.
    In fact, I am probably more in between a bookkeeper and Finance Manager, thus why I thought general accountant would be okay.

My question is how strictly are they matching your duties to those listed under the codes?
    I am a bit worried about this as case officers would not understand your industry and while I certainly do accountant work on a daily, they might not agree 100% with the duties listed under the codes so this is making me a bit nervous
    I am not an expert but what I know is, you must be performing all duties for ANZSCO code that you applied your residency under.

I think anzsco code is most important so you should consider changing it or check whether you tick everything the list of anzsco job list under accountant even though it is not 100% match.
    If you could provide evidence that you work with 'task include' here you'll be fine.
    https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@...7?opendocument

And even if you could be a bookkeeper, bookkeeper now considered as an skilled job
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ccupation-list

But it may not considered as a skilled job because of timing or any other matters so you should definitely consult with LIA.

Quote Originally Posted by claire77 View Post
    I think anzsco code is most important so you should consider changing it or check whether you tick everything the list of anzsco job list under accountant even though it is not 100% match.
    If you could provide evidence that you work with 'task include' here you'll be fine.
    https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@...7?opendocument

And even if you could be a bookkeeper, bookkeeper now considered as an skilled job
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ccupation-list

But it may not considered as a skilled job because of timing or any other matters so you should definitely consult with LIA.
    My job matches quite exactly the anzsco description of the occupation. But it doesn't really match those 'tasks include' under the unit group description. Is that an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    My job matches quite exactly the anzsco description of the occupation. But it doesn't really match those 'tasks include' under the unit group description. Is that an issue?

As per SM6.10.5 (B) of INZ operation manual, the principal applicant should demonstrate that their employment substantially matches the description for that occupation as set out in the ANZSCO ;

to verify this normally CO's ask for evidences and examples if applicant is doing all tasks included in ANZSCO.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66788.htm

read this if you have doubt regarding ANZSCO tasks

Just close to being allocated with case officer, and this thread here made me think if my application is at risk.

The skills shortage website and ANZSCO code says "Registration or licensing is required". However my role is not included in profession requiring occupational registration in New Zealand. I am just an employee working under a director who holds occupational registration. The staffs work as skilled staff without occupational registration.

Can someone advise please?

Quote Originally Posted by Toorsaab_001 View Post

As per SM6.10.5 (B) of INZ operation manual, the principal applicant should demonstrate that their employment substantially matches the description for that occupation as set out in the ANZSCO ;

to verify this normally CO's ask for evidences and examples if applicant is doing all tasks included in ANZSCO.
    Yep, that's what I remember and why I didn't worry too much. My occupation matches quite exactly what is described in the occupation's description. But not really what is in the unit group description.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorsaab_001 View Post
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66788.htm

read this if you have doubt regarding ANZSCO tasks
    Thanks. This confirms what I thought to be true.

"For the purpose of SM6.10.5 (b) above, assessment of ‘substantial match’ involves a determination of whether the applicant’s employment is substantially consistent with the ANZSCO ‘Occupation’ (6-digit) level description for that occupation and with the tasks listed at the ANZSCO ‘Unit Group’ (4-digit) level description for that occupational group, excluding any tasks which are not relevant to the ‘Occupation’ description."

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    Hi Yanco
    I think you shouldn't be worried about it much.
    As I am thinking 'general accountant' occupation specifically asked in this question, I think most of 'tasks' outlined in anzsco tasks can be done by the accountant (general).
    However, I think the tasks done by an accountant, in reality, can be slightly different in which company the accountant is working for. Some may have strong skill in management accounting or some others may have a strong focus on finance to the company.
    So the level of significance of the job will be important even when 100% does not match with 'tasks'.
    Then CO will assess based on 'job description' as a job description is also considered as an important one to show the job is skilled.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast