Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doubting my ANZSCO code selected for SMC

i am not sure but i heard that a person can also have job responsibilities which are hybrid of two anzsco codes. Not sure of its authenticity though .

My phone interview basically consisted of CO reading off the ANZSCO under my code and asking how i met each requirement. I then had to email through 'proof' (snips of emails/spreadsheets etc) to back up the info I had given telephonically. Based on the follow up email, it looked as though CO was either recording conversation or taking very hurried notes, as she quoted my answers back word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    My phone interview basically consisted of CO reading off the ANZSCO under my code and asking how i met each requirement. I then had to email through 'proof' (snips of emails/spreadsheets etc) to back up the info I had given telephonically. Based on the follow up email, it looked as though CO was either recording conversation or taking very hurried notes, as she quoted my answers back word for word.
    They type rather than voice recording. I remember it from my ESV interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorsaab_001 View Post
    They type rather than voice recording. I remember it from my ESV interview.
    That's entirely dependent on the CO. Some record and some prefer to type. Most tend to record and then transcribe the interview after.

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    Just close to being allocated with case officer, and this thread here made me think if my application is at risk.

The skills shortage website and ANZSCO code says "Registration or licensing is required". However my role is not included in profession requiring occupational registration in New Zealand. I am just an employee working under a director who holds occupational registration. The staffs work as skilled staff without occupational registration.

Can someone advise please?
    If your occupation is not on the list of occupations requiring registration in the instructions, then you can ignore that. Your CO will ignore that too.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS2020 View Post
    If your occupation is not on the list of occupations requiring registration in the instructions, then you can ignore that. Your CO will ignore that too.
    Thanks mate. I hope this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanique View Post
    What is the repercussions of applying under an incorrect ANZSCO code?

I have been reading posts about people doing telephonic interviews where they had to explain how their job ties in to the ANZSCO code claimed and it made me doubt my selected code.
    I applied under code 221111 General accountant, but now I think either the Bookkeeper code 551211 or Finance manager 132211 are more suited.
    In fact, I am probably more in between a bookkeeper and Finance Manager, thus why I thought general accountant would be okay.

My question is how strictly are they matching your duties to those listed under the codes?
    I am a bit worried about this as case officers would not understand your industry and while I certainly do accountant work on a daily, they might not agree 100% with the duties listed under the codes so this is making me a bit nervous

Hi Zanique I think I have a similar situation with you.
    I used old code when I submitted the smc application then after that i actually found another code which seems more fit into my position. I am hoping if INZ dont think my old code doesn't match my main occupation tasks then they would change/replace it with another code, or at least let me know so i can update, rather than rejecting my application without further look.

I used the old code because when i applied for two previous work visas my HR used that code and INZ approved my visas without any questions. So I thought that should be ok, but i should have checked again and used the new code if I did it again.

Anyway two codes are both skill level 1 and in same industry, so changing my code should have no much impact on my points i think. My concern would be that they doubt my code and don't allow me to change or this takes my time to provide clarification which cause delay in process.

I hope my CO would take easy no my one as he just sent my manager a questionnaire last week and my manger's answers are actually pretty light.

Hi, please will you let me know what happens in your case? I do not have a case officer yet, still waiting

Nothing particular happened yet - seems normal so far.

I submitted application in late Jan 2019.

CO assigned and first contact two weeks ago.

last week my manager received and completed questionnaire by email. Now just waiting.

in my own opinion my agreement and my managers reply don't quite match the code i used in my application after i look into detail of that code. So i am not surprised if they doubt my selected code.

my role would be more like consultant rather than manager role - the code i am using is more for manager role. But interesting i have kept using the old code in previous years for work visas and they had no problem for me using this "manager" code.

Following as I might also be in similar situation, My HR gave me the Employer Supplementary form (INZ1235) with the ANZCO code filled without asking me and I submitted it as it was quite close.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast