Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anzsco Code education requirements

Default Anzsco Code education requirements

Hi All,

I had a doubt regarding the education requirements for the Anzsco job. My work closely matches the job desscription under the Business Analyst https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@...B?opendocument

and the requirements under it include-

"Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1)"

I have completed 1 year level-7 Dip in Computing in NZ but my bachelors is in Finance back home. Can I still apply under the Business Analyst category as bachelors is level-7 in NZ or I cant apply ?

What other alternatives do I have ? Has anyone faced this scenario & what other alternative did they use?

Thanks

How long work experience do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
    Hi All,

I had a doubt regarding the education requirements for the Anzsco job. My work closely matches the job desscription under the Business Analyst https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@...B?opendocument

and the requirements under it include-

"Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1)"

I have completed 1 year level-7 Dip in Computing in NZ but my bachelors is in Finance back home. Can I still apply under the Business Analyst category as bachelors is level-7 in NZ or I cant apply ?

What other alternatives do I have ? Has anyone faced this scenario & what other alternative did they use?

Thanks
    If your Diploma in Computing is a level 7 qualification from NZ, then it is fine to make you suitably qualified for your employment as a Business Analyst, provided that it is relevant to your employment. The level 7 requirement doesn't have to be a bachelor's degree, just a qualification at the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    How long work experience do you have?

Hi JandM,

I have been working almost close to 3 years now in IT. I am planning to apply for SMC whenever it opens and was not sure if I will able to apply under Business Analyst due to education requirements due to my Grad Dip of 1 year in Computing which was level 7

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KJS2020 View Post
    If your Diploma in Computing is a level 7 qualification from NZ, then it is fine to make you suitably qualified for your employment as a Business Analyst, provided that it is relevant to your employment. The level 7 requirement doesn't have to be a bachelor's degree, just a qualification at the same level.
    Thanks KJS2020, Appreciate it.

That looks little promising. Yes my qualification was level 7 so hoping I can apply under the Business Analyst category. Would you have any links to the info you provided so I can read more about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
    Thanks KJS2020, Appreciate it.

That looks little promising. Yes my qualification was level 7 so hoping I can apply under the Business Analyst category. Would you have any links to the info you provided so I can read more about it.

Thanks
    SM6.10.20 and SM6.15 in the ops manual. Judging from the name of your NZ qualification and the tasks under the ANZSCO for Business Analyst, I would not be so sure that your NZ qualification is relevant to your employment. It would be eligible for 50 points for qualification, but it may not make you suitably qualified to undertake skilled employment. You may need an IQA for your overseas Bachelor of Finance qualification.

SM6.10.20 and SM6.15 in the ops manual. Judging from the name of your NZ qualification and the tasks under the ANZSCO for Business Analyst, I would not be so sure that your NZ qualification is relevant to your employment. It would be eligible for 50 points for qualification, but it may not make you suitably qualified to undertake skilled employment. You may need an IQA for your overseas Bachelor of Finance qualification.
    Thanks KJS2020 for the ops manual. I found them on the immigration ops manual,

I am still researching the job titles as one of my colleague in my team applied under Business Analyst and one friend applied under Developer Progammer, so will select the appropriate one which matches closely to my job desc and education. But either of these titles have similar requirement of graduation hence, I needed to clear the doubt of education requirement first

Just FYI my EOI was rejected and I was in a similar situation.
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...357&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by IT_GUY View Post
    Just FYI my EOI was rejected and I was in a similar situation.
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...357&highlight=
    I checked the thread and it appears as if the CO assessing your EOI did so incorrectly, as suggested by others. I can also see that your EOI was challenged and accepted. May I ask in what grounds you challenged them ones? As his qual is from New Zealand and is a level 7, it would most definitely meet the LQEA and be accepted as a level 7 qualification. The ANZSCO education requirement for a skill level 1 occupation is not restricted to a bachelor's degree.

I checked the thread and it appears as if the CO assessing your EOI did so incorrectly, as suggested by others. I can also see that your EOI was challenged and accepted. May I ask in what grounds you challenged them ones? As his qual is from New Zealand and is a level 7, it would most definitely meet the LQEA and be accepted as a level 7 qualification. The ANZSCO education requirement for a skill level 1 occupation is not restricted to a bachelor's degree.
    Hi KJS2020,

I believe I was a victim of what is termed as "Extreme Vetting", I found out that if you can get a membership letter from ITPNZ it can substitute the need for a bachelors degree and that's how I got my EOI accepted back again.
    I was equally baffled by the decision which effectively put me behind the queue by 10 months.
    I also raised an FYI request to find out how many applicants might have been rejected on the same ground but unfortunately, my FYI request also got declined with a response that it would require substantial manual review.
    https://fyi.org.nz/request/13477/res...aab%200301.pdf

I hope this gets clarified and more people don't have to face an unjust and unclear requirement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast