Thread: proof of address from ASB is not good enough to proof living together for 12 months??

Default proof of address from ASB is not good enough to proof living together for 12 months??

Hi, My partner applied for a residency visa based on partnership, She got a work visa 4 months ago, I have been living with my partner for more than 12 months, We have a confirmation letter from ASB that we were both residing at the same address from March 2019, Now immigration asking for tenancy agreement but it has only my name on it not my partner and it seems like this application will get declined. We are now living at the new address which has both names on it ( start from March this year ) But we can't use that as evidence. Is there anything else we can do here, please advise Thanks
    Last edited by ratthadinho; 27th September 2020 at 11:07 PM.

Having both names on a rental agreement is not an obligatory piece of evidence of partnership. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ly/partnership If her name was not on the last one, it wasn't, so you can't supply that, so of course you have to tell INZ so, BUT that other evidence is available instead, such as what ASB said. As she already got the partner-sponsored work visa, no doubt you also have other proof, such as mail to each of you, letters from friends and contacts, photographs, invitations, etc. (see old threads on the issue), so this should do the necessary. In other words, the evidence you used for the current visa will ALSO come into the picture for this present application.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Having both names on a rental agreement is not an obligatory piece of evidence of partnership. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ly/partnership If her name was not on the last one, it wasn't, so you can't supply that, so of course you have to tell INZ so, BUT that other evidence is available instead, such as what ASB said. As she already got the partner-sponsored work visa, no doubt you also have other proof, such as mail to each of you, letters from friends and contacts, photographs, invitations, etc. (see old threads on the issue), so this should do the necessary. In other words, the evidence you used for the current visa will ALSO come into the picture for this present application.
    True, in my case also tenancy agreement was signed only in my name as my partner wasn't here when I signed the agreement. I explained that in my letter, but had additional evidences such as letter issued to my partner, photo, joint bank statement. It has been working for my other visa and should work for my residency too. If your rent is paid from joint account, that helps. Just attach the bank statement, highlight the payments and narrate in your email/letter.

Thank you, Yes, that what I thought as we have a lot of photos, texts, email, and letters from friends and family, So in terms of genuine stable relationships should not be an issue. I went back to the bank today and they told me that CO called the manager and asking a lot of questions included to get them to confirm if the letter was written by ASB and they said yes, but of course the bank can't give out any information because of customer policy. So CO knew the letter was legit but still asking for more evidence to prove that we have been living together for 12 months? At this point, We don't have any more evidence to provide...

It's normal practice for INZ to ask for more evidence to cover the time of processing just before a visa is granted, to make sure they're not about to issue a visa to someone whose relationship has broken down in the meantime.