Thread: Reduced less than 30hr/week during lockdown. Do I need to inform INZ?

Default Reduced less than 30hr/week during lockdown. Do I need to inform INZ?

Hi,
    My ITA 07-2019.

Between march-june while my company shut completely I was only received wage subsidy which about 24hr per week. As soon as the business reopen june I back more than 30hr/week.
    My question are do I need inform INZ this before CO allocated?
    My lawyer suggested he'll need write a VOC and explained to INZ to protect my application.

Cheers

It sounds like either you have misunderstood what your lawyer said, or your lawyer/adviser isn't really sure of what they are doing. You cannot apply for a VOC now - from what you have stated, there is nothing to vary. In any case, at the time your hours dropped, you couldn't have varied the conditions of a work visa to be for less than 30 hours per week. In theory, you should have informed INZ at the time, because you weren't meeting the conditions of your visa - did your lawyer advise you of that? If not, why are they suggesting you do it now?
    I think you might need to clarify exactly what your lawyer is suggesting.

I remember INZ mentioning the applicants not to send them any information about pay or hours during the lockdown. They mentioned something along the lines of we will consider this pandemic situation and use discretion when deciding on the residency applications yada yada yada.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by ag View Post
    I remember INZ mentioning the applicants not to send them any information about pay or hours during the lockdown. They mentioned something along the lines of we will consider this pandemic situation and use discretion when deciding on the residency applications yada yada yada.

Yes, when CO is allocated, they will ask for bank statement and recent pay slips and just need to clarify at that point showing pre-COVID and post-COVID wages and that during lockdown it was only wage subsidy received. What lawyer says is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    Yes, when CO is allocated, they will ask for bank statement and recent pay slips and just need to clarify at that point showing pre-COVID and post-COVID wages and that during lockdown it was only wage subsidy received. What lawyer says is confusing.
    normally how many months payslip the CO will request?

Quote Originally Posted by ecilassim View Post
    normally how many months payslip the CO will request?
    Nine months, but can vary based on the CO and various other factors (job, company, anzsco, contract etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by ag View Post

You are mistaken. INZ never said that temporary visa holders don't need to keep them updated about their circumstances (including where they might not be meeting their visa conditions), although it did suggest that there may be some short-term leniency (and that they wouldn't be rushing to issue deportation liability notices).
    Furthermore, INZ can't use 'discretion' in residence applications, although there can be room for discretion in applications for temporary visas.
    With regards to the number of payslips that might be requested, as someone else has answered, it depends. But given that the original poster has paid a lawyer to look after his/her residence application, the lawyer should be able to answer that question, and any others that you have.