Thread: Visitor Visa Query

Default Visitor Visa Query

Hi everyone

My friend is on work visa with his wife, 6yr old son and a new baby born in March this year. Their work visas have been renewed successfully for another 3years.
    His parents came to help in Jan but Visa expired in July and had applied for renewal. Currently they are on interim visa and the case officer has just been assigned and requires updated info since the visa application was made in July.
    Officer asks to comment or provide further info on:

- Your future plans in NZ, including how long you intend to remain and reason(s) for extension. In addition, what have you been doing in NZ from the time you submitted your application until now.

Response would be along the lines - My parents visited to help us with our new born baby and they wish to stay with us to spend their time with us. We need another 6 months from July 2020. My parents live by themselves in India and so we want (as well as them) spend time together in NZ before they go back with our their grandchildren too. As you aware due to COVID, things have become tough globally and NZ is way more safe at this stage than in India. They have been in Auckland spending time with the family at home only.

I just need someone's help to rephrase the above in a better way to convince INZ.

Appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    I just need someone's help to rephrase the above in a better way to convince INZ.
    This forum is unable to assist, as this would fall within the realm of immigration advice. You should contact an immigration adviser or person exempt from licensing for assistance (e.g. your local Citizens Advice Bureau) with such matters.

There is a forum member who is also an immigration adviser, but I haven't seen her online for a while now.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 2nd October 2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: mentioned that EGoodhue is an immigration advisor who visits this forum... but not for a while now.