Thread: Change of Circumstances Clarification (Covid-19 Redundancy)

Default Change of Circumstances Clarification (Covid-19 Redundancy)

Hi,

I would like to clarify if I can change jobs while waiting for a case officer to be assigned for my SMC residency application? How difficult would it be? and what is the process?

Applied under : Motor Mechanic (General) - ANZSCO NO. 321211
    Possible change to : a) Motorcycle Mechanic - ANZSCO NO. 321213
    b) Diesel Motor Mechanic - ANZSCO NO. 321212
    ITA submitted: 25 June 2019
    Current Visa: Open Work Visa (EXP 3rd September 2021)

Back Story:

I was working in a large european dealership in Auckland and got made redundant in June. Moved to Taupo to work in a multibrand dealership for the same role in July. Covid hit the town and I was let go as hadn't completed my 3 months trial (Below 19 employees) and there was not enough work to sustain the employment. I did not apply for points for specific employment.

My missus and I had moved to Taupo and really love the place. Moving back and forth is financially and mentally exhausting. Owing to which I am trying to secure employment in Taupo. Unfortunately there are limited jobs as a motor mechanic in a small town. However there are openings for motorcycle and diesel mechanics.

I have a Bachelors of Applied Technology in Automotive Engineering from Unitec (Level 7)

Looking to engage @EGoodhue services as the missus and I are big fans.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Aroon & Yee Mun

Quote Originally Posted by YMCheah View Post
    Hi,

I would like to clarify if I can change jobs while waiting for a case officer to be assigned for my SMC residency application? How difficult would it be? and what is the process?

Applied under : Motor Mechanic (General) - ANZSCO NO. 321211
    Possible change to : a) Motorcycle Mechanic - ANZSCO NO. 321213
    b) Diesel Motor Mechanic - ANZSCO NO. 321212
    ITA submitted: 25 June 2019
    Current Visa: Open Work Visa (EXP 3rd September 2021)

Back Story:

I was working in a large european dealership in Auckland and got made redundant in June. Moved to Taupo to work in a multibrand dealership for the same role in July. Covid hit the town and I was let go as hadn't completed my 3 months trial (Below 19 employees) and there was not enough work to sustain the employment. I did not apply for points for specific employment.

My missus and I had moved to Taupo and really love the place. Moving back and forth is financially and mentally exhausting. Owing to which I am trying to secure employment in Taupo. Unfortunately there are limited jobs as a motor mechanic in a small town. However there are openings for motorcycle and diesel mechanics.

I have a Bachelors of Applied Technology in Automotive Engineering from Unitec (Level 7)

Looking to engage @EGoodhue services as the missus and I are big fans.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Aroon & Yee Mun
    Yes, you can do this no problem. Just send in certified copies of your new employment agreement and job description, ask your new employer to fill out the employer supplementary form and write a short cover letter explaining your situation. You don't have to mention why you were made redundant, you can simply state that you have new employment. It will be added to your application and INZ will make the necessary amendments on their end.

Hi KJS2020,

Thank you for the reply. Yeah went through this the first time round. Just curious if im changing the job description how bad can it get. have you gone through a similiar circumstance?

As long as you are a substantial match to the claimed ANZSCO occupation, it should be fine. I have experienced it quite a bit.