Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INZ access to NHI

Default INZ access to NHI

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if Immigration has access to NHI/Ministry of health records, I am getting a few checks done and there are some minor abnormalities will it be an issue for my ongoing SMC application? and I am doing some tests on my own to see if there are no abnormalities with my kidney, liver, and heart, and some blood samples?.

Anyone who has had a similar situation?

Note: I have posted this under medicals as well and I believe rarely people check those threads so posting here for better reach/help.

Thanks

I don't believe that INZ proactively get in touch with DHB's/MoH to ask about any extra medical tests/issues since application lodgement - but best if you are up-front with INZ about any abnormalities that are found, just so they can't say that you're withholding material information. If no abnormalities are found, no need to tell INZ - it's not like you're expected to inform INZ each time you have a minor health issue after application submission...but it is important to tell them about any significant changes to your health/abnormal test results.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    I don't believe that INZ proactively get in touch with DHB's/MoH to ask about any extra medical tests/issues since application lodgement - but best if you are up-front with INZ about any abnormalities that are found, just so they can't say that you're withholding material information. If no abnormalities are found, no need to tell INZ - it's not like you're expected to inform INZ each time you have a minor health issue after application submission...but it is important to tell them about any significant changes to your health/abnormal test results.
    Hi Erin, yeah that makes sense and the abnormalities which I had in the results are not significant.

Just my two cents, as I work on a health related information system. There is a rule (and I think a law) that almost no one can access patient's health info without the consent from the patient (or guardian), and the exception which I can remember is only for a health professional in mortally event. So I don't think INZ can access it without asking for your consent.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralAK View Post
    Just my two cents, as I work on a health related information system. There is a rule (and I think a law) that almost no one can access patient's health info without the consent from the patient (or guardian), and the exception which I can remember is only for a health professional in mortally event. So I don't think INZ can access it without asking for your consent.
    Consent is part of the application that we submit. It reads: "I authorise INZ to provide information about my state of health and my immigration status to any health service agency. I authorise any health service agency to provide information about my state of health to INZ".

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    Consent is part of the application that we submit. It reads: "I authorise INZ to provide information about my state of health and my immigration status to any health service agency. I authorise any health service agency to provide information about my state of health to INZ".
    Ah. Then my comment is not the case. I haven't applied for residency yet so didn't know about the consent I should give when applying.

yeah I had a look at the Immigration Act as well and they can pretty much share all the information with each other

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/p...LM2391009.html

For your labs when you take it, you can opt not to share it to everyone who has access. But that would mean you need to bring your labs to whoever that needs to look at it.

Even my blood test results that got uploaded to eMedical has my NHI.

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if Immigration has access to NHI/Ministry of health records, I am getting a few checks done and there are some minor abnormalities will it be an issue for my ongoing SMC application? and I am doing some tests on my own to see if there are no abnormalities with my kidney, liver, and heart, and some blood samples?.

Anyone who has had a similar situation?

Note: I have posted this under medicals as well and I believe rarely people check those threads so posting here for better reach/help.

Thanks
    I think INZ is allowed by law to inquire about your medical records if they wish to. Have you ever filled up INZ APPLICATION FORMS where there is part there on the very last pages that you need to sign and you agree to what INZ can do to about them enquiring 3rd parties?

Section G Declaration by applicant
    All of the people included in this application must complete this section.
    I have provided true and correct answers to the questions in this form.
    I understand that if false or misleading information is submitted, my application may be declined without further warning.
    I will inform Immigration New Zealand of any relevant fact or change of circumstances (including a change in my
    employment or partnership status) that may (i) affect the decision on my application for a visa, or (ii) affect the
    decision to grant entry permission based on the visa for which I am applying.
    I agree to leave New Zealand before my visa expires. If I remain in New Zealand after my visa has expired, I may be
    deported by Immigration New Zealand.
    I agree that if I am not entitled to free health care in New Zealand, I will pay for any health care or medical assistance
    I may require in New Zealand.
    I understand that if I have received immigration advice from an immigration adviser and if that immigration adviser
    is not licensed under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007 when they should be, Immigration New Zealand will
    return my application.
    I understand that Immigration New Zealand may provide information about my entitlement to work to potential
    employers via the online VisaView system. If I undertake a course of study while in New Zealand, I authorise
    Immigration New Zealand to provide information about my immigration status to my education provider, including
    via VisaView.
    I authorise Immigration New Zealand to provide information about my health and my immigration status to any health
    service agency. I authorise any health service agency to provide information about my health to Immigration
    New Zealand.
    I authorise Immigration New Zealand to make any necessary enquiries about information on this form and/or
    accompanying documentation. I authorise any agency whether in New Zealand or overseas, including but not limited
    to border or immigration agencies, education providers, financial institutions, foreign embassies, government
    authorities, health care providers, police or other law enforcement agencies, that holds information (including personal
    information) related to information on this application form and/or accompanying documentation to disclose that
    information to Immigration New Zealand so that they can:
    • make a decision on this application
    • answer enquiries about my immigration status once my application has been decided.
    I authorise any agency that holds information (including personal information) related to those matters to disclose
    that information to Immigration New Zealand.
    If I am granted a visa with the condition that I accompany a student, I agree to live with that student. I understand
    that both the student and I may be liable for deportation if I do not meet this condition.
    If I am granted a limited visa, I agree that I will leave New Zealand on or before the expiry date of that visa. If I do not
    leave New Zealand, I may be immediately deported from New Zealand without the right of appeal.
    I have provided all the documents required by the checklist on page 2.
    Signature of applicant Date
    Signature of parent or guardian if applicant is 16 or 17 years of age
    Date

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast