Thread: Parents visa

Default Parents visa

Hi all, I’m a NZ citizen (born in NZ) and my wife is a permanent resident (soon will be a citizen). I was wondering if there is any way I could bring my Wifes parents to live with us here. They are from Armenia. Both of us have full time jobs in NZ and own a house.

I know there is some criteria such as having a lot of money but perhaps this is for if two foreign people who are residents and want to bring their parents? Is it any easier for us considering I was born here?

I was wondering if there’s any chance so they can stay here forever and not have to go back (like visitor visa holders).

Much appreciate your advise, thank you

There's only two options (and whether you are a citizen or resident makes no difference):

• If the parents have significant money to invest (think seven figures here), there's the Parent Retirement Resident Visa.
    • Otherwise, there's the Parent Resident Visa, where your partner is required to sponsor her parents, and will require a substantial annual salary to do so -- to sponsor 2 parents, either your partner must earn 3 times the NZ median income ($159,120), or you and your partner combined must earn 4 times the NZ median income ($212,160).

If they are 56 or older, there is no other residence pathway for them.