Thread: EOI submission from within NZ

Default EOI submission from within NZ

Hi all,

I know that EOI, for SMC, is currently suspended but do any of the the LIAs here know what the plans are around this? Seems odd that it's closed for those who are eligible to submit EOIs and are currently in NZ.

Cheers,

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by genegeney View Post
    Hi all,

I know that EOI, for SMC, is currently suspended but do any of the the LIAs here know what the plans are around this? Seems odd that it's closed for those who are eligible to submit EOIs and are currently in NZ.

Cheers,

Gene
    Well there are multiple reasons to it

1. No New NZRP to direct Immigration how many people they can approve.
    2. Job Losses because of Covid and they would want to reduce more people getting residency and try to place NZERs again in the job.
    3 Backlog of 2019-20 of Non-Priority Queue which has 14,000 applications representing almost 30K people, they would want to cleat that first as it's already 18-20 months delayed (and it will leave little to no slot for new approvals if EOIs selection start again).
    4. Govt needs to analyze what skill set they would need going forward and need to redesign their SMC selection (and that's why in Dec 2019 they didn't announce it as it would take longer to work on this and direct immigration to work on the same numbers which were put in place from 2018).
    5. Current govt promises were to cut down on Residency approvals which they did and I am sure they would like to continue that if they win.

These are just the points i can think of, there can be more and all these/or some of it might not make sense to some people.
    Last edited by satty02; 13th October 2020 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    Well there are multiple reasons to it

1. No New NZRP to direct Immigration how many people they can approve.
    2. Job Losses because of Covid and they would want to reduce more people getting residency and try to place NZERs again in the job.
    3 Backlog of 2019-20 of Non-Priority Queue which has 14,000 applications representing almost 30K people, they would want to cleat that first as it's already 18-20 months delayed (and it will leave no slots for little to no slot for new approvals if EOIs selection start again).
    4. Govt needs to analyze what skill set they would need going forward and need to redesign their SMC selection.
    5. Current govt promises were to cut down on Residency approvals which they did and I am sure they would like to continue that if they win.

These are just the points i can think of, there can be morea nd all these/or some of it might not make sense to some people.
    I agree Satty02.

It does seem odd that selections haven't resumed, given that the reasons for ceasing selections given by INZ were in relation to the Covid-19 lockdown. While the points above might all be valid, the least INZ can do is be honest and transparent about why the selections aren't resuming.

I hope they first clear the backlog before issuing new ITAs. Otherwise, people currently in the normal queue will never ever get a CO.
    Next time, when they re-open issuing ITAs , normal queue people will keep this information in mind that there is also a priority queue, therefore they may have to wait perhaps till unforeseeable future. Thus they will plan their life, work visas and decision to lodge ITA accordingly.