Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions Re: Talent Accredited Employer Work Visa

Question Questions Re: Talent Accredited Employer Work Visa

Hi guys,

If I'm on Talent / Accredited Employer Work Visa, and have worked in NZ for 2 years, and satisfied all the requirements. Then apply for a Resident Visa, does that mean my application will always be approved?

Thank you.

You may be granted a residence class visa if you meet the requirements of the relevant immigration instructions (RW2 for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa).

I think I have satisfied all the requirements of RW2 above, I applied before the COVID situation (which is 8 months ago), but I haven't heard anything from them. Are they currently processing at the moment? I'm getting a bit worried now, any chances that my RV get rejected?

INZ has to follow the regulations. If you meet the criteria, you get the visa. The only times we've heard of any doubt are when someone used to meet the requirements when they applied, but then got a black mark on the grounds of Character for e.g. a drunk driving conviction.

If in doubt about the stage your application is at, after this length of time you are well within reason to phone INZ and ask about it.

INZ used to prioritise Residence from Work applications, but since February RfW applications go into the same queue as SMC residence applications (unless they meet the priority critieria of being a registered occupation or earning over $106,000pa). Current processing times for non-priority applications is around 18 months, so it's likely to be some time before your application is allocated to a case officer.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...a-applications
    Most RfW applications are straight-forward and are approved, but there are always exceptions.

Thanks JandM & DownSouth, I think that explains why the RfW application is delayed.

@DownSouth: but there are always exceptions. <- such as?

And what if my current visa expiring while waiting?

you will have to renew your visa before it expires

but there are always exceptions. <- such as?
    The exceptions are the kind of thing I mentioned above, where someone's situation DID meet the criteria, but then stops doing so.

Yes, it is your responsibility to renew your present visa while it is still valid. It's very important not to leave yourself without a valid visa.

I'm in the same situation as you, also waited for 8 months now. It's just not fair to wait in the same queue as SMC, we already waited for 2 years...Who knows how much longer we have to wait. Just make sure you have your job secured before the RV gets approved and make sure always have the WTR work visa.

@verncen: I hope the same for you. Do you think an immigration lawyer would be able to speed the process up? I'm thinking of hiring one now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast