Thread: Partner of a Worker work visa and Dependent Child student visa

Default Partner of a Worker work visa and Dependent Child student visa

Hi all,

Briefly, my spouse and children visa applications are still hold by INZ because of Covid-19 border closures. They live in a COVID 19 free country since Day 1 of this pandemic and was expected to reunite with them here in NZ in May 2020...thanks to Covid-19 plan is changed. I always checked the visa application status with INZ call center and received same answer.

I am so depressed and totally lost that I have been away from my family for almost 2 years now. I came as a student and now employed as a full time skilled worker outside of Auckland. Eligible for SMC EOI but now INZ deferred it till April 2021 and to be reviewed.

Is there any EXEMPTION for those from COVID 19 free countries??? I may have miss out and do anything to reunite with my family soon or Christmas may be....Alternative plan is to return to my home country but I had spent a lot of money on INZ visa applications and my tuition fees>>

Appreciate any advise. I am so lost.

The categories of person who may enter New Zealand or request to travel is published by INZ here.

Country of origin is not a consideration and will make no difference. (EDIT: except in one exception case -- "From 5 October 2020, if you hold a passport from a country on the visa-waiver countries list, and are in a genuine and stable relationship with a New Zealand citizen or resident, you can make a Request to Travel to New Zealand based on this relationship.")
    Last edited by Kelerei; 29th October 2020 at 10:00 AM.

Hi Kelerei, thank you for your kind response. Much appreciated.