Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: online citizenship application

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default online citizenship application

Hi

I was wondering if members can share their timeline for online citizenship application. Based on previous posts, I noticed that people who have applied in person in the first half of the year received their citizenship outcome within 1-2 months. I do not see updates for people who have made an online application. Thanks.

Hi jamboree787,

I've applied online in the month of May.
    I have queried with Citizenship Office and they said allocation to a case officer takes 3-6 months.
    I reckon online application allocation to a case officer is taking 5 to 6 months.

They say the application is with processing team, by the looks of it, this team does the groundwork and finally it is handed over to a case officer for assessment.

By reading other timelines, It'll take be 2-3 months for the case officer to finalise the application.

Applying in person is the best way.

That sounds interesting because when you call them up to make an appointment they encourage you to apply online. I wonder why there should be such a difference in processing between online and in person. The online system includes the identity check and since everything is digital looking up should be faster online than a paper application.

Quote Originally Posted by jamboree787 View Post
    That sounds interesting because when you call them up to make an appointment they encourage you to apply online. I wonder why there should be such a difference in processing between online and in person. The online system includes the identity check and since everything is digital looking up should be faster online than a paper application.
    Identity checks were introduced recently. (July/ August 2020) for online applications.

It's sad that online applications are taking longer. It is due to the process they currently follow plus they are flooded with applications after lockdown.

But still it is not fair that processing timeframes are different and not processed according to date of application.

I applied to Citizenship on May 15 2020, online-based and recently on the weekend 1st November 2020 got an email from them asking me to confirm the details (name, date of birth etc.) and this email also says ( Please note this is not an approval letter ). I am guessing my application must to closer to the final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by abhi221211 View Post
    I applied to Citizenship on May 15 2020, online-based and recently on the weekend 1st November 2020 got an email from them asking me to confirm the details (name, date of birth etc.) and this email also says ( Please note this is not an approval letter ). I am guessing my application must to closer to the final decision.
    Did they call you for identity check?

Quote Originally Posted by jamboree787 View Post
    Did they call you for identity check?
    Another email from case officer today, to provide them with proof of English - either from Academic records or a letter from employer that I have conversational English.

What did you provide as a proof of English-language when you submitted your application?

Quote Originally Posted by My New Zealand View Post
    What did you provide as a proof of English-language when you submitted your application?
    Nothing when I applied online as there was no such option to provide proof of english language. However Now i have sent them a letter from my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by abhi221211 View Post
    Hi abhi221211,

As I have noticed other Citizenship timelines,
    It is about a month to 1.5 months after receiving email to confirm details, they would let you know the outcome of your application.

Looking forward to the same. I applied on 23rd May

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast