Thread: Timeline for offshore Partnership visa applications

Default Timeline for offshore Partnership visa applications

hi there
    Can you guys plz share timeline's who applied for partnership visa(Offshore). So, i can see any hope for how far is mine to get processed
    can't even contact to immigration on their call centre number now a days.
    Thanks

Processing of all offshore applications is suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic and associated border closure, except for people that can obtain a border exception. As such, the only answer that you can receive is "indefinite".

@JandM Can you please assist
    MeganK to be able to post on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by devarajl View Post
    @JandM Can you please assist
    MeganK to be able to post on this forum
    Done.

Hi @JandM Thanks for approving the request.

I need your help or someone can help me in regards with my wife's partnership work visa. I got married last year in Nov 2020 and have applied for my wife's partnership visa in Early January 2020. Since than we have not received any response. I know they have clear policy that they are considering only resident and citizen only at this stage.

Now as per the immigration news they will not be opening border until Feb 2021. I am mentally very disturbed and I have a medical(Bowel Movement Stomach problem from the last 6 months) Doctor's have recommended me that if this doesn't go with antibiotics then I have to go through a Gastroscopy. Now due to these circumstances I am be able to concentrate on my work and my health is getting affected.

1. I am not sure if I get the letter from doctor saying I need someone to support and present that letter to try for an exemption- whether this will affect my immigration status?
    2. Can I get the letter from Psychologist for mental health?

Honestly don't know what to do. Please advise.

@JandM could you please assist with the above .

I very much doubt that there is anything that will change the situation. Of course I'm sorry for how you feel, but in general, INZ are not allowed to take people's feelings into consideration when making visa decisions. Think: EVERY visa application has someone's life plans and hopes behind it. If the NZ government, and INZ officials, took on board all that emotion, they couldn't function. That's why there is the framework of impersonal rules in place, so the workers just apply them, and don't have to engage with what people WANT.

You already know this.
    I know they have clear policy that they are considering only resident and citizen only at this stage.
    The details are all set out here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...and-exceptions The only slight glimmer (and it's practically non-existent) comes under the heading Other travel must be for a critical purpose. Although your wife's situation doesn't fit with any of the list of critical purpose reasons for travel, if you click through to the Request for travel form, there is, under 'Reason for submitting request', the item 'Humanitarian grounds'. Honestly, though, I don't think anything she says there is going to make the authorities bend the rules for her. I know this is a difficult situation to live through, but there are thousands feeling the same, and they can't all be made exceptions.

@JandM thanks for the info. Just have to wait then - cannot do anything really.

You're right. Try to be calm about it, for the sake of your own health. If you can bring yourself to accept that nothing is going to happen in the short term, and find things in the here-and-now to focus on to which you can make a difference, it will help you.

I will Thanks @JandM