Thread: RV TO PRV, please help.

Question RV TO PRV, please help.

Hi guys,

I am going to apply for permanent residency. And I have an infringement offence (failed to give way in a car accident but nobody got hurt) plus 20 demerit points and $150 fine (which has been paid on time).
    But policemen did come to the scene, so did the ambulance. The officer said that he understood this was an easy mistake but he would still send me a ticket with $150 fine for the infringement. That is the end of story. So never been to court or charged with anything else on top of that.

In my case. do I need to mention the offence in section H on the form of INZ1175, please? Shall I tick the 2 boxes which say:
    •convicted of an offence (including a traffic offence), committed with the last five years, involving...
    •charged with, convicted of or investigated for any offences committed (including traffic or driving offences) since being granted New Zealand residence, or while ...?

I have read the other thread on the forum, but my case is a bit different. So maybe it is a good idea to double-check here. Hopefully this would not be considered as a character issue.

Thanks guys for any help in advance!

That's an infringement, not an offence, so you don't have any offences to report.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That's an infringement, not an offence, so you don't have any offences to report.
    Thank you JandM, you are a star!