Thread: Confusion on what form to fill up.. please help!

Default Confusion on what form to fill up.. please help!

Hello everyone!

My employer provide and fill up the form of INZ 1235 which is the employer supplementary form Skilled Migrant Category. I started my job at their company last February 2019 and my work visa will expire on February next year. I have to renew my work visa every year since I have a low skilled job. I am just confused on what form should my employer fill up? My employer told me that they would want to support my residency application that’s why they didn’t send me the Form INZ 1113 that they did on my previous applications.

My questions are:

1. Am I on the right form (INZ 1235)? My pay rate is 25.50$, level 4.
    2. Should I apply the essentials skills work visa first before my current visa expires?
    3. For instance, I applied for an essentials skills work visa firsts and It was approved, when can I apply for SMC?

Thank you in advance for answering all my questions.

Regarding your first question: there are two possible Employer Supplementary Forms. The INZ 1235 form (Employer Supplementary Form -- Skilled Migrant Category) is to be completed by an employer who has offered a position to, or currently employs, a person who is applying for a Resident Visa under the Skilled Migrant Category. The INZ 1113 form (Employer Supplementary Form) is to be completed by an employer who has offered a position to, or wishes to retain, a person from overseas who is applying for a Work Visa. The differentiating factor is what visa you are applying for.

Regarding your second and third questions: answering this requires detailed analysis of your personal situation, and it is not legally permissible for most of the members on this forum (including myself) to do so. You should seek assistance from a licensed immigration adviser or person exempt from licensing. There is some limited factual information I can provide that is relevant to your second question: you must remain on a valid visa at all times while within New Zealand (D2.10), and an Interim Visa is only granted to people who have applied for a further temporary entry class visa (I1.5(a)).
    Last edited by Kelerei; 19th November 2020 at 05:11 AM.

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa is the INZ factsheet about getting residence under SMC. This tab shows what you MUST be able to prove about yourself in order to apply. Under the heading Skilled employment, it says
    If invited to apply for residence, you must provide evidence of your skilled employment, including having the necessary:

work experience
    qualifications
    occupational registration.
    And here is the INZ page about how they assess a job to see if it counts as skilled https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...led-employment, which it looks as if you and your employer need to read very carefully.