Thread: Regarding 160 points

Default Regarding 160 points

Hi Everyone
    I have a question regarding calculation of 160 points. I have got 30 points for my age, 50 for my job, 30 for working outside Auckland. So that’s 110 points.
    Now I have done 2 different studies. I did a diploma in IT and I have done diploma in business both at level 5 and 6. Immigration told me that I can only claim points for one study which I fully understand. If I claim points for my business study, I only get 40 points and my job is relevant to business study. However if I claim points for my IT study, even though I get 40 points but there is another 10 point rewarded to someone who has done the study before 2011 on the immigration point calculator page. So that will get me 40+10 =50 points and takes my total to 160.
    My question is my job is relevant to my business studies so is it possible to claim points based on my IT study even though I would be working in business field?
    I hope I explained it properly. Please if someone can help.
    Thanks

Do you have any exp and is your job listed in absolute skills shortage? and have you NZ work exp of 1 year?, if yes then you will points for these as well.

Sorry that is not what i asked for.

You can claim points for a qualification you hold even if it isn't directly related to the skilled job (for which you also have to show you are qualified).

Thanks Jand

Quote Originally Posted by Raman2121 View Post
    Sorry that is not what i asked for.
    the idea of asking exp and stuff was to see if you could reach 160 with that, understand you specifically want to know just around your qualification, good luck