Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is verification check in CPVV?

Default What is verification check in CPVV?

Hi Guys,

I have received an email regarding critical purpose visitor visa that says "we must complete a verification check for your application that can take up to 4-8 weeks to complete". And the application is already through 2pc (quality check).

Does anyone know is this verification check??

Regards

I haven't heard this mentioned before, but then, there has hardly been anyone on the forum who has talked about getting a critical purpose visitor visa - these are rare.

Usually, for INZ, verification means that they are checking with third parties that the applicant's evidence is true. I've also seen some COs use 'verification' to mean 'second-person check'. As you say your application had already had the 2pc, I wonder if the 2pc official found something had been left out, and sent the case back to the CO for correction, which might include further checking with a third party...??? But that is all just guess-work. Really, your best hope of an explanation is to ask whoever sent the email, I think.

Thanks for the response JandM. I have never heard of this before either for cpvv, probably its again a 2pc. And the email was sent by the CO.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I haven't heard this mentioned before, but then, there has hardly been anyone on the forum who has talked about getting a critical purpose visitor visa - these are rare.

Usually, for INZ, verification means that they are checking with third parties that the applicant's evidence is true. I've also seen some COs use 'verification' to mean 'second-person check'. As you say your application had already had the 2pc, I wonder if the 2pc official found something had been left out, and sent the case back to the CO for correction, which might include further checking with a third party...??? But that is all just guess-work. Really, your best hope of an explanation is to ask whoever sent the email, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden365365 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have received an email regarding critical purpose visitor visa that says "we must complete a verification check for your application that can take up to 4-8 weeks to complete". And the application is already through 2pc (quality check).

Does anyone know is this verification check??

Regards
    Because CPVV applications are 'new territory', I can't be sure what's involved in their processing so I can't give you much of an answer, sorry. Under what criteria have you applied for a CPVV (Partnership, Work visa holder stuck outside NZ, critical worker, etc)?

We have applied under partnership category.

CO has replied today saying 'We’re still currently in the process of assessing your application.'

May I know what does it mean please? And how long does it take? What is the next step after this?

This is so frustrating, wait is now in the 12th week and I see people getting approved in 2 days.

4 weeks back she replied us this 'we must complete a verification check for your application that can take up to 4-8 weeks to complete'

What happens to other people is absolutely nothing to do with what happens to yours, and no precedent. People's situations are individual, and different, and INZ are required to check out every case individually. As you've seen from previous answers, nobody knows just what the possibly 4 - 8 week verification is that they've mentioned. There have been hardly any posts on the threads here about this kind of visa, which is quite new, so there aren't people around with experience to call upon. As for "still currently in the process of assessing your application", that just means that they are working through what has to be done on your case - they haven't finished yet, and there is nothing specific that they can tell you.

Thanks JandM.

We received an email from CO saying "We are still waiting on an update from the Verification Team"

Can you please let know what this means? And how long it takes?

Regards

I can only assume that the verification team would be the people carrying out the verification check that they told you about before. Nobody has mentioned this on the threads except you, so there's no information available to share.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast