Thread: Partner of worker visitor visa or work visa?

Default Partner of worker visitor visa or work visa?

Hello everyone! Good Day!

I am hoping that someone could help me with my queries. I am working as a Healthcare Assistant with a pay rate of 25.50. Recently, I received a 3 year work visa.

My questions are:

1.) Am I eligible to sponsor my partner overseas? We haven’t been together for 2 years now since I came in NZ. If yes, what is the best option. Partnership visa? Or partnership work visa?

2.) Can I use my realme acct to do an application for my partner?

3.) Is it also possible for my occupation to apply for SMC?

Thank you in advance I hope someone may read this and answer my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by gimirodi View Post
    1.) Am I eligible to sponsor my partner overseas? We haven’t been together for 2 years now since I came in NZ. If yes, what is the best option. Partnership visa? Or partnership work visa?
    See E4.5.5 for the eligibility of partners for temporary entry class visas.

Due to COVID-19 border closures, the usual Partner of a Worker Visitor Visa and Partner of a Worker Work Visa cannot be applied for if the applicant is offshore. Your partner must have a critical purpose reason to travel to New Zealand. An expression of interest must be filed, and if INZ agrees that your partner has a critical purpose, they will invite your partner to apply for a Critical Purpose Visitor Visa. If a visa is granted, your partner is legally required to obtain a Managed Isolation Allocation system voucher confirming a place in a managed isolation facility before boarding a flight; failure to do this will result in the airline refusing to board your partner.

If you are successful with all of the above and your partner is able to enter New Zealand, your partner may then apply for the Partner of a Worker Visitor Visa or the Partner of a Worker Work Visa when onshore, when the relevant requirements are met. Usually, the choice of visa comes down to what your partner intends to do, but do note that some holders of Work Visas are ineligible to sponsor these visas: see V3.10(c) if intending to apply for the Partner of a Worker Visitor Visa, or WF3.1 if intending to apply for the Partner of a Worker Work Visa.

2.) Can I use my realme acct to do an application for my partner?
    Yes, but your partner must explicitly consent to this. Your partner must complete the INZ 1224 form if applying for a Visitor Visa, or the INZ 1225 form if applying for a Work Visa; you will need to upload this form when submitting an application on your partner's behalf.

3.) Is it also possible for my occupation to apply for SMC?
    Only if your employment meets the requirements of "skilled employment" as specified at SM6.

@gimirodi

Regarding #3, have a read here: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-an-exception

HCA is treated as an exception since late October 2019.

A lot of my HCA friends have lodged their SMC applications already, most of them have done so earlier in 2020 before all the Covid shenanigans happened. Are you new to the industry?
    Last edited by allune; 4th January 2021 at 11:01 PM.

Thank you for your response. Does that mean that I can apply for SMC now? Do you think it is better to apply SMC or do partnership visitor visa instead? Or can I do both? I have been working for this industry for 2 years now and was approved for another 3 years. TIA.

Thank you for your response. Does that mean that I can apply for SMC now? Do you think it is better to apply SMC or do partnership visitor visa instead? Or can I do both? I have been working for this industry for 2 years now and was approved for another 3 years. TIA.
    This forum can not advise you on what is better: this falls within the realm of immigration advice, and only a licensed immigration advisor may provide this.

Do however take note that EOI selections for SMC are currently suspended until March/April 2021, and the suspension may be extended further.

Thank you kalerei

Re: Allune's post and links. The way is clear.

Re: Kelerei's post and the present suspension of SMC EOI selections. That way is not clear at the moment.

There is nothing against having more than one application in to INZ at the same time. Indeed, sometimes circumstances make it necessary, although in the end, the grant of one visa will usually cancel out the need or possibility for the other.

If you apply to have your partner join you, and are successful, you will be in a position to apply for her Partner of a New Zealand Worker work visa as soon as possible. And once she is with you, you can immediately begin to collect 12 months' evidence that you are living together, which will be essential for eventually getting her residence, either by adding her onto your Residence application (if that hasn't been finalized by the time you have 12 months' proof), or by her applying for a Partner of a New Zealander residence visa if you are already a Resident before she is eligible.

Thank you everyone for the response

Thank you everyone for all the response. However, I do have another question. If ever I will apply for partnership visitor visa for my partner, mg partner needs to provide a genuine intentions right? Such as Certificate of employment,return ticket and so on? Is that right? Thank you so much

Here are the criteria for a Partner of a New Zealander visitor visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria