Thread: Smc -interview questions

Default Smc -interview questions

Hi Team,

Could you please advise the normal interview questions - SMC asked by the CO?

Regards
    Cijoc

This varies from application to application -- it's impossible to give you any definite answer on this.

Not every applicant for Residence under SMC gets interviewed by the CO. If the applicant's employer has given a full account of their work responsibilities, so the CO can see that their work matches well with an ANZSCO description, s/he may not have any questions that need to be answered. CO interviews are often to see if there is a good match, so if you are called upon, you need to be prepared to give examples of what you do in your day to day work which fulfils each line in the ANZSCO description.

Thanks for the reply.

All the ANZSCO job description points are covered in the application of residence.

But only 2 out of 7 points are mentioned in the Employer Supplementary Form - " Types of work, duties and responsibilities" as there were only 2 lines available to be filled.

Is that a matter of concern.. getting more and more nervous every day...

I think the CO may very likely want more information from your employer and from you.

There's a number of things they can do. In my case the co asked my employer what in their own words was my job and responsibilities. The co then approved me but the 2PC sent it back saying that wasn't enough, so j then got interviewed by the CO.

Everyone will have different questions but the general theme was what do you do, give details and examples of a typical day and the activities it involves. So I'm employed as a project administrator and had to go through the types of projects I work on and what exactly I do to administer them day in day out. The hardest part for mine was explaining what my company does so that my answers actually made any sense to them as she seemed to struggle understanding my company and as a result my job. It all worked out in the end but I was pretty nervous after she struggled with this.