Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update received from INZ re: SMC/RfW queue & Second Person Check timeframe

Default Update received from INZ re: SMC/RfW queue & Second Person Check timeframe

Hello all - I'm back online after a much-needed break and reset (dealing with the madness that is INZ last year led to burnout for me!). Jumping back in with a quick update from INZ about the front of the SMC/RfW queue and how the Second Person Check (2PC) queue is progressing:

The front of the SMC/RfW queue is applications that were lodged on 28 June 2019 (so it's currently taking 18.5 months from lodgement to allocation)

Applications that were decided on 24 November 2020 are being Second Person Checked at the moment (with a few stragglers that were decided on 17 November in the mix as well).

Here's hoping for some accelerated processing timeframes in 2021!!

Thank you for very helpful information

Welcome back! Thanks for the useful info.

Any idea what does the below line mean that we received from cpvv CO. 2nd cpvv Application was launched on 28th Oct and still waiting.

CO replied us with this line "we must complete a verification check for your application that can take up to 4-8 weeks to complete".

JandM also replied saying he never heard this before. I wonder if its 2pc or just the normal processing.

Hoping for faster processing in 2021

EGoodhue, this https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56754 is the earlier thread on this point.

An update from INZ today regarding the 2PC queue - applications that were decided on 3 December are being quality checked today. Taking the Christmas holidays into account, it's taking around 5 weeks for quality check to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    An update from INZ today regarding the 2PC queue - applications that were decided on 3 December are being quality checked today. Taking the Christmas holidays into account, it's taking around 5 weeks for quality check to be completed.
    Thank you for the update, EGoodhue.

Hello, Any update on the application date (CO made recommendation on) that is being Second Person Checked at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post
    Hello, Any update on the application date (CO made recommendation on) that is being Second Person Checked at the moment.
    Impossible to answer. An application is put forward for quality checking whenever the Immigration Officer processing it recommends a decision. There is no set time for how long the Immigration Officer may reach a decision, as this depends on many factors (quality of evidence, complexity of application, how much verification needs to happen, how long people take to reply to the Immigration Officer when verification is being performed, whether there is potentially prejudicial information that needs addressing by the applicant, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Impossible to answer. An application is put forward for quality checking whenever the Immigration Officer processing it recommends a decision. There is no set time for how long the Immigration Officer may reach a decision, as this depends on many factors (quality of evidence, complexity of application, how much verification needs to happen, how long people take to reply to the Immigration Officer when verification is being performed, whether there is potentially prejudicial information that needs addressing by the applicant, etc.).
    Thank you Kelerei. Much appreciated.
    However, my query was in tune to Egoodhue's above post which was -- "An update from INZ today regarding the 2PC queue - applications that were decided on 3 December are being quality checked today. Taking the Christmas holidays into account, it's taking around 5 weeks for quality check to be completed"[/I].... Sorry, if my articulation was incorrect.

Also, I wonder how 2 PC process could be a queue based (where we say that 2PC takes up the file, 5-6 weeks after CO has recommended his/her decision) when I can see many cases that were allocated to 2 PC recently, now stand approved (or decision made)... while older ones are still with them (for ages). Hence, saying that 5-6 weeks is the process time is not making any sense to me. May be I'm tooooo frustrated to think and interpret correctly.
    Please help me understand.

Hello all,

Any update on Second Person Check timeframe i.e. in terms of last date that was decided by 2PC.
    Also, is there any way I could followup with 2PC or someone in INZ, as unfortunately, I'm not getting any update from my LIA, as always.
    Please help.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast