Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partner Residency Visa - 1 year requirement.

It's not too difficult -- just searched for recent decisions where the appeal was declined and F2.5 cited.

Hi :-)

Back on this page as I’ve just also applied for my residence partnership visa this week. I do also have a question regarding this topic so hope you don’t mind me posting on this thread!

Me and my partner have been living with each other since may 2018. We were living at her parents place in sleep out at the back of the house until January 2020, then we moved out and got our own place.

We had immigration officers turn up at the house for my last partnership visa application, to see if our living arrangements were what we described them as (which they were) and that we were self sufficient and not ‘flat mates’ as such.

We have so many bills of living with each other since may 2018, but we only got our own place in January 2020. So about 5 days short of one year evidence of having our own actual place with a tenancy agreement. I didn’t think I would of been better off just waiting another week at the time, to be extra safe.

Either way immigration were happy with our living arrangements last time. My only concern is apparently they don’t look at previous visas when considering this visa so I’m just hoping this won’t come back and bite us.

Can anyone please give me any more info on this?

We have put in so many bills dating back from may 2018 up till now, letters from family and friends, joint bank account opened up a couple of years ago. So we have plenty of evidence, it’s just the first year and a bit that we didn’t have our own place is what’s concerning me.

Any help or advice regarding this would be very helpful :-)

Thanks

Craig

Having your own place is not a requirement. Proving that you have been living together in your own separate space is the essential. Therefore, you're going to need evidence for that remaining week in the sleep-out, probably letters from her parents, and people who visited you there. And I think there would be useful weight attached to the fact that INZ officials saw your arrangement there - having the previous visa is no *guarantee* of the next, but it's proof that you were investigated and found bona fide.

Thanks for your response JandM :-)

That’s what I thought but thought I’d ask someone with a bit more knowledge. We have pretty good evidence ever since we lived with each other from may 2018 all the way up till now, and when we lived in the sleep out they thought we were genuine when they visited the house, so fingers crossed we should be all good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12