Thread: Internal check - timeframe?

Default Internal check - timeframe?

Hello, my SMC residency application was assigned to a CO on 27.11.20. And when I asked for an update in Dec, my CO had said that the application won't be finalized in Dec. I call the contact centre quite frequently, and last week I came to know that my application has gone for internal check (they said it's in Manakau itself) early Dec. I don't think it's the 2pc as when my CO emailed me mid Dec, she asked me to confirm if I wanted to include my husband (we haven't lived together, as we got married in Dec 19 and then the borders closed and my husband is stuck in India). She just asked me to confirm if I wanted to include him, no documents or anything for him was asked (although everything except for his medical was sent to the SRinbox email when it was my turn to send in updated docs). Any idea how long this internal check would take?
    Thanks in advance

Too hard to say what the "internal check" might be, sorry. Are you sure it's not 2PC? An application can go from being assessed to being in the 2PC queue very quickly (just a matter of the CO writing up the final assessment report, which takes a matter of hours).

Hi Erin, pretty sure it's not 2pc, as my CO contacted for me to confirm about including my husband in my application (that was around 16th Dec), but the file is still at "internal check" since 2nd Dec. I read on another post about the internal check on CPVV, which the CO told would take 4-8 weeks. It's already past 4 weeks for me. Hope it is sorted soon.

Hi Elsa25, Did you get any update for your application? My CO initially mentioned that she's waiting for the risk assessment to complete and then informed me that she's waiting for the internal team's response. It's been with them for more than 5 weeks now. Thanks.

Hello, I put it up on another post. Its now sent to SAT team. So they said it could take at least 6 more months. I really hope it doesn't! My application is now waiting to be allocated to an officer in the SAT. And I'm not sure - but in another post, I read about risk assessment, and that it was sent to SAT as well.

Its gone to SAT. When asked, the CO didn't mention why/ what needed verification.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Too hard to say what the "internal check" might be, sorry. Are you sure it's not 2PC? An application can go from being assessed to being in the 2PC queue very quickly (just a matter of the CO writing up the final assessment report, which takes a matter of hours).
    Hi Egoodhue,
    I got email from CO that she is finishing the assessment of resident visa application and also she requested more evidence of living together.
    What this means and what step comes next?
    A answer will be much appreciated.. thanks very much in advance.
    It is about partnership residence visa application.

Mr s, it is normal for INZ to ask for more evidence of living together, covering the time of processing, before issuing a partnership visa. This is to ensure they aren't granting a visa to someone whose relationship has broken down in the meantime.

When a CO finishes working a file, s/he will recommend an outcome, then send the case for second-person checking.

Got approved. YAY!!! All the best to everyone.