Thread: Parent Visitor Visa options

Default Parent Visitor Visa options

Hi,

My parents are in NZ (luckily for us) on below visa's, I am wondering what are our options now
    1) March'20 - Sep'20 - On last 6 month of 3 year multi entry visa
    2) Sep-20 - Feb'21 - Auto INZ extended visitor visa

Now, that on 25th Feb, the auto extended visitor visa is coming to end, I am exploring what options we have to get another visitor visa while they are in NZ.

Option 1: Parent/GrandParent 3 -year Multi entry visa:

Can we apply this even though it says you have to be outside NZ to apply this? Surely now under Covid environment, this is not relevant as INZ won't be undertaking any visitor visa application from offshore.

I am aware that even if we are granted this visa, we can stay maximum 6 month and than have to do a country out but i am hoping in 6 months , things be better NZ INZ allow visitor visa entry

Option 2: General visitor visa:

Can we apply this even though my parents have been in NZ already for about 11 month come Feb'21 end. Even though they were on 2 different visitor visa but will it still count the time as generic visitor visa won't allow you to be in NZ more than 9 months!

Option 3: Covid-19 short term visa
    This is our last resort, I have started looking for flight and stuff, Flights are less frequent and very expensive. So, if Option 1 or 2 doesn't work out, we might have to book flight in Mar or April'21 time frame and seek a 2 month short term extension.

I am sure many other visitor visa holders are in the similar situation who got 5 month extension back in Sep'20. Is there any other option or visa category that i should consider.

NZ being safe and Covid-19 free, we want our parents to be with us specially now when we welcomed a baby boy few weeks ago. Moreover, Farmer's protest and lack of Covid-19 control in India is big concern for their safety. I am really hoping, if someone can help with advice/experience or suggestion here.

I am going to reach out to INZ as well soon for their views. I will share it here too.

I'm sure you're going to find that INZ will deal with your parents' situation depending on what their realistic possibilities are for returning home.

As you know yourself, they should have gone home long since if they hadn't been prevented by the closing of borders and suspension of flights. The NZ government legalized the situation of those in their situation by issuing the extra-ordinary visas and/or extensions, and have the means in place to continue to do so https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...in-new-zealand, but they won't bend the rules for the normal visas you mention (points 1 and 2) simply on the grounds that they would LIKE to stay longer. It's just while they CAN'T travel (because of Indian government restrictions, or airlines not running flights) that INZ will allow them to remain on the Covid-19 short term visitor visa.

I do understand how you like to have them safely with you at the moment - I think we have to wish them continuing travel difficulties. This page https://www.skyscanner.co.in/news/co...us-information promises it will keep updating the news. There is nothing there yet as far ahead as the end of their present visas.

Thanks mate for the response. Yeah we are grateful for the automatic visa extension back in September'20.

Now we are exploring whats possible visitor visa option we have if we wish to stay. Looks like none! or Am i missing any category? The Parent/Grand Parent multi entry visa is the best option apart from that one statement that you can only apply this from outside country. That would be true pre covid world and exactly how we got our multi entry visa, but what I am not sure is with special powers that INZ has now , can they waive such location based conditions?

If we can't enter India, we have the Covid-19 short term visa that we can apply and it make sense even though you have to pay around 246 dollar for 2 month visa.

Looks like none! or Am i missing any category?
    Yes, I think it is none, and no, I don't think you have missed anything.

The NZ government are not waiving conditions on an individual basis. The only thing they have used those powers for is to grant the mass extensions of visas as there were/are so many who could not leave. There hasn't been any change on the conditions of the parent/grandparent visa, and at the moment, NONE are being issued, because ALL visa applications from overseas are suspended.