Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Partnership Visitor Visa Phone Interview - Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by hazz View Post
    My partner also does not speak English. The CO called me and asked what language my partner speaks. He then gave me a time that they will be calling my partner with an interpreter on the call.
    That went very well (itwas last year).
    Thanks for your reply! makes more sense now Did they try calling your partner before and realise they can't speak English? Just wondering if we should maybe upload a letter saying my partner does not speak English ..

Did they end up doing your interviews at the same time?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Garden365365 View Post
    Yes, it went well. Hopefully. Fingers Crossed.

Here is the timeline if it helps.

Applied for PVV - 21 Nov 2019
    Request to update documents and to fill MIQ form - 19 Nov 2020
    Interview call - 21 Jan 2021

I guess you can request CO to receive a call from someone who speaks your language. But I am not sure on this.

All the best.
    Thanks for that! Hopefully you get your good news soon as you've had to wait for ages!

Thanks for the wishes.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by RI2002 View Post
    Thanks for your reply! makes more sense now Did they try calling your partner before and realise they can't speak English? Just wondering if we should maybe upload a letter saying my partner does not speak English ..

Did they end up doing your interviews at the same time?

TIA
    No, they called me first even though I wasn't the main applicant. I think they figured it out since all documents were translated into English including letters from family. They actually interviewed my partner a day after my interview and the CO gave me the exact time that they'll be calling. Gave us like a whole day to practice

Quote Originally Posted by hazz View Post
    No, they called me first even though I wasn't the main applicant. I think they figured it out since all documents were translated into English including letters from family. They actually interviewed my partner a day after my interview and the CO gave me the exact time that they'll be calling. Gave us like a whole day to practice
    Thanks so much for your response! that must have been a relief!

Just to clarify did they interview you the first time they called you to ask about your partner's language or at a latter date?

TIA

Hi JandM,

Hope you are well.

CO has sent us below email after 4 days of phone interview.

"We have completed an assessment of your application and need more information before we can go any further."

And we have now submitted the requested documents, is there anything to worry about or is it normal to ask more documents? We are really stressed about the situation.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No. Every case is dealt with individually. There is no way to tell if your CO has done all the other verification already before s/he interviewed you, or is still waiting for information on some points.

When s/he has ticked all the necessary boxes, s/he will decide on a recommended outcome, then send the case for second-person checking.

Good luck.

Perfectly normal. It simply means that the Immigration Officer needs more evidence in order to make a decision, nothing more, nothing less.

Also notice, feeling stressed is an absolutely normal state for everyone who has an application in to INZ. We are used as adults to being able to make plans and carry them out under our own control to our own timetable, but in this situation, we are not in charge and cannot influence what is happening. Provide any information the CO needs when s/he asks for it, and otherwise just let her/him get on with her/his job. Think about other things - everyday things - as much as possible, for your own sakes.

Thanks for your kind words Kelerei.

Regards

Yes, JandM. Thanks for the advise.

Regards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast